Doom 3 error with fx5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
a frnd was playing doom3 demo on his amd 2000+ 256mb with fx5200 card in low settings and turned off eye candy stuff . i was able to play the first level , but when he enters the next level the game just comes back to the main menu . i checked his card and dx , everything is fine and game runs well in first level . is it a prob with the setup ? or card problem . anyone else running doom3 on fx5200 ???

theraven

Technomancer
theres no problem with the card
i played it on my geforce 3 ti 200 also !!!! ofcourse on low settings
BTW ur playing the demo .. how many levels do u expect to play ?
im quite certain thats the only level available ...
wait for someone who's played the demo to reply !

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
ok the "level" i spoke abt was . the guy , main character meets the srgt whatever and has to follow the bot to some elevator somewhere . as soon as the bot comes to a stop in some basement room it switches to the main menu . IS THAT ALL IN THE DEMO ?? i dont think so . anyways have told him to try the game again . is running it in xp causing the problems

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
kurious . would i need to have a high end card even if u wanted to run it on linux ??? is the linux version less power hungry ??

Prashray

In the zone
I played half of the demo (not full because I didn't get time. ;) ) and I have Radeon 9200 and it worked fine for me.

oldmonk

Broken In
ious . would i need to have a high end card even if u wanted to run it on linux ??? is the linux version less power hungry ??

The linux version is not too well optimised yet. It is in progress , so i guess youll need a higher config to get similar(to windows) framerates.

theraven

Technomancer
AMD is a problem ???
what sh!t
today between AMD and INTEL anyone with any knowledge of processors and benchmarks will tell u amd is better for gaming !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom