Does Firefox 2 have any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

I'm currently on FF 1.8 and wanna migrate to FF2 (as if the topic name wasn't clear ;) )
Jus' wanna know if there are any compatibiliy issues with extensions. Cuz IIRC FF2 had some issues with extensions not far ago.

ah.... one more thing. What are those RSS readers? my-yahoo and google's personal home page already provide the solution then why get something else. I read somewhere (don't remember the source) that some RSS readers provide the facility to save the content as PDFs :confused:

and lastly- how do I check my yahoo/gmail etc mails using outlook. couln't find the neccessary details :(

*should have given the topic a better name but then its OK :D :D :D *

EDIT: can anyone provide me a link to top rated ad blockers and antivurises too. No personal opinions please. Just a lict from a reputed source.

Last edited by a moderator:

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Thats a whole lot of questions man..I will answer the first and last one. :)

Most of the extensions are now compatible with FF2.Even if they are not u can always make them compatible using MRTechLocal.

If you are talking about adblockers for FF then go for Adblock Plus.For antivirus if u r going paid then go for NOD32 or if u r looking for a free good antivirus then go for Avast.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
AFAIK No popular extension has a problem with Firefox 2.0 and this new version with a feed reader page of its own and slightly better tab control.

For an adblocker, get Adblock Plus extension in Firefox, or get the Adblock vanilla + Filterset.G Addon for it.

And for Outlook, depends on what version you are using. For gmail the settings as well as an optional auto-configure program is available here.
*mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276

For the Anti-Virus. I dont use any and nor would I recommend using one. All I can say is take something light and good on detection atleast. Removal is easy manually once detected.

OP
S

SE><IE

Thanks manas and QM. Well by the best AV I mean the one with lowest responce time etc. Thats why I was asking for a list :) ah yes, its for ma college so no cost issues ;)

OP
S

SE><IE

Well... Thanks guys but I need to show them some comparitive report so, well...maybe a comparison test would help me. :)

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
SE><IE said:
Well... Thanks guys but I need to show them some comparitive report so, well...maybe a comparison test would help me. :)
No need to bother that much simply upgrade. In most the cases a new version is definetly better than old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom