Do you play games in laptop !!

Jay1234

Journeyman
I want to play fifa 2013 in my lenovo g580 but im confused is it a good idea to play games in lappy considering heating causes most of the laptop's problem i wanna use my laptop fot atleast 3 years !!! Should i play !! Please tell me what to do ??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^I once played TR:Anniversary & COD:WaW it was lagging a lot & also battery got heated very fast..
so I don't suggest to play resource hungry games on laptop :-D

tkin

Back to school!!
I want to play fifa 2013 in my lenovo g580 but im confused is it a good idea to play games in lappy considering heating causes most of the laptop's problem i wanna use my laptop fot atleast 3 years !!! Should i play !! Please tell me what to do ??
Get a laptop cooler(cooler master, not local) and play games, no issues, unless your laptop has overheating problems, keep monitoring the temps via HWInfo and do not play in very hot temps or for more than 2-3 hours at a stretch, will go for 3yrs, but yes, overall lifetime of the components may be slightly reduced.

PS: Always play plugged in, do not play using the battery.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Get a good cooling pad from CM and play games, but not more than 1-2 hours at a time.

mitraark

Decrepit
I never play games on my Laptop, ( i played a lot of Angry Birds and Pocket Tank, that doesn;t count )

I do keep my laptop running for longs hours,whole week at a stretch.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
You can play games on it.This laptop won't heat much since it doesn't have a discrete GPU,on the other hand hd4000 of i5 3210 is not a very capable gaming GPU.
Older games,less GPU intensive games like FIFA 2013 would run fine while the demanding ones won't.

Well currently this is the 13th continuous hour of my laptop usage after 12hrs of farcry 3. 1 hr break in between but laptop was not switched off. No problems yet except once my system fan eas clogged with dust. And yes I do this once in 2-3 days. :)

Hrishi

Go ahead man , after all why do people spend so much of money on the GPUs , etc when you wont utilize it. :)
Just make sure you do it with ease , and carefully.
And make sure that you don't do it for prolonged duration , since its more harmful to your eyes,neck and back compared to your Lappy.
If possible use a Laptop cooler , if you can. That'll minimize the heat and will provide better performance and life.

doomgiver

Warframe
i tried to play black ops (back when it was launched) on my laptop, and it cooked my nuts.

never playing on a laptop again, unless said laptop is kept on a block of solid ice.

thegrinreaper

Broken In
Don't scare the lad guys.

Laptop gaming is a normal and common activity.
Just ensure the following for safety purposes.
- Keep the vents accessible to outside air.
- stop playing for 15 mins every 2-3 hrs of continuous gaming.
- Play plugged in
- external keyboard recommended if tge game involves massive button mashing.

Under these constraints I have played games like DMC,Far cry 3 for long stretches of time.

I have realised that if you just mount the laptop properly.80% of the job a cooling pad does has already been done.

saswat23

Human Spambot
I tried to run Counter Strike Source on my friend's Pentium Dual Core HP lappy (~5yrs old), it just couldnt run the game. FPS should have been around 6-7 and that too at the lowest setting possible.
Temp. was just !@#$%. It reached 92c :shock: within 10mins of starting the game.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I tried to run Counter Strike Source on my friend's Pentium Dual Core HP lappy (~5yrs old), it just couldnt run the game. FPS should have been around 6-7 and that too at the lowest setting possible.
Temp. was just !@#$%. It reached 92c :shock: within 10mins of starting the game.

mine reaches 93-95c with tf2 :p
and lower with cooling pad though!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
89-96 Deg..i have overheating issues, no damages so far, still kicking a$$ of games with med-high settings...check siggy for lappy model :D...i have CM Ergo Stand cooling pad.

Hrishi

Mine Netbook barely reaches 90"C , even if i play NFSMW or CS Source on it. [high settings].
Note : Its a NetBook , not a Laptop. :p

OP
Jay1234

Jay1234

Journeyman
@ doomgiver do u have the i5 one ??does the lappy heat up really quickly ??

@ vkl dont u play games in ua laptop ??i

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
+1 for gaming on laptop. Got mine only for gaming and movies. But game only if you have extended warranty on the lappy, i.e. 1+2yrs of extended warranty.

Top Bottom