• No

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do you miss the start menu in Windows 8?

I haven't missed it at all.

EDIT: BTW.. Please share your experience when not using a start menu replacement app. I also use a paid app, but I noticed that I hardly use it :p

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
i have installed classic start menu at the very beginning, so i don't miss it at all.

EDIT: i configured classic start menu as absolutely identical to xp start menu and forgot that there is officially no start menu in 8. don't even remember when i last saw that whatever called blue screen of shortcuts.:p

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
StartisBack.. :twisted:
a guy using windows since windows95 will definitely miss the start menu, the one's who won't have'nt used windows properly, or either are very good in adapting.. :cryeyesout:

.jRay.

Youngling
i haven't used win 8 yet..
was curious..
does the start screen have the search box as the start menu in win7 ??

Not a search box specifically, buy while on start you can type the app/setting you want to search, results are divided into apps/settings/files.. you wont actually feel the need of start menu.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
rightly back?? where did they say start menu is coming back?? they only said there is a start button.. essentially, it might take you to the start screen :D

Hey it was a small typo mate. I meant button and i guess its back in windows 8.1 blue. Post edited. :)

R2K

In the Zone
Does these classic shell run in background or something or just modifies the explorer to enable a start menu?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
one can create a start menu folder in the taskbar and wont miss the start menu at all, also there are apps from stardock which can create it in windows 8 :D

Windows 8 start menu returns with Start8 from Stardock!

Top Bottom