• I dont give a sh!t to the artists.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Funky!
Did I say i'm more superior than u? Okie.. i'll come out of the dreamworld, and u stop saying I've less post counts than u, but still I'm superior than u..!

Funky?!?! ROFLMAO ..... Lets not even go discussing about that. You do realize you have MORE posts than I do. Second of all where in my post do I say that you are superior than me ? It is your belief that post count somehow represents some kind of knowledge indicator. Which I said is absolutely rubbish. Come back and try again when you improve your reading comprehension. For your sake I'll quote what I said.

If you believe that since you have a higher post count than me makes you 4 times more smarter you need to wake up from that little dreamworld of yours.

Did I say everything for u? I've replied in general.
And I have replied as an OSS user. What did you expect?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@gigacore, no personal takes on Charan or anyone. You can never be personal online whatever it may be. If you get so bothered by reading things online, you need to control your emotions.

@Charan, regarding the title, Do OSS users infringe other copyrights, you have already assumed OSS users infringe copyrights, please can you say what are those? I disagree with this title here.

Please ask some mod to remove "other" from the title.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
An interesting topic. :D

Unless the Music and the Movie industry is also made OSS, we'll have copyright infringes. But with OSS in your PC, the piracy is less than 40-50%.

Instead of:
Case 1.
- Pirated Windows (iMav uses Pirated OS X in PC; both illegal in his case)
- Pirated Softwares
- Pirated Music
- Pirated Movies

Case 2
- Pirated Music
- Pirated Movies
- very minimal piracy in other departments.

So which is better? Also even though we might pirate, some are generous.

Honestly in my case:
- Original OS X Leopard
- 60% Mac Apps are FOSS (Adium, Cyberduck, VLC, Firefox, Quicksilver, The Unarchiver, etc..).
- 20% of the apps come with OS X
- 20% is paid closed source apps. I planning to buy CSSEdit for $30. If I like any app, I'll continue to support them.
- Most of the good movies, I watch in the Cinemas, if I saw in some pirates means. I saw Lage Raho Munnabhai in my PC first. I liked it very much and saw the movie again the Cinemas just to support the producer in a small way I can. I saw TZP 2 times in the Cinemas. I don't buy DVDs but I sure make a point to visit Cinemas just to support the guys.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Funky?!?! ROFLMAO ..... Lets not even go discussing about that. You do realize you have MORE posts than I do. Second of all where in my post do I say that you are superior than me ? It is your belief that post count somehow represents some kind of knowledge indicator. Which I said is absolutely rubbish.

ROFLMAO.. funky again!

Yup, I've more post counts.. but does post count matters man ? I really dont care about post counts...

And i'vent massed up my post count purposefully... its just because I had enough time to spend in this forum and comment on each and every post in the beginning. Now a days.. I'm not aware of my post counts at all. I came to know that I have 2700+ posts when u started this discussion.. really!

And if u can just search all my posts, u can see few hundreds saying "Thanks for the info"... Did I say "thanks for the info" few hundred time to mass up my post count?

Na.. I just want to encourage people..

Come back and try again when you improve your reading comprehension. For your sake I'll quote what I said.

I dont want you to teach me the grammer and reading skills.

If you believe that since you have a higher post count than me makes you 4 times more smarter you need to wake up from that little dreamworld of yours.

So you mean to say that "though u have more post counts than me, i'm superior than u"...

wat a crap..

AFAIK... no one is superior. Everyone has their own potential.

And.. coming back to topic.. If u think OSS users are really pirates by using pirated music.. then they are pirates...

@gigacore, no personal takes on Charan or anyone. You can never be personal online whatever it may be. If you get so bothered by reading things online, you need to control your emotions.

Okay.... crap

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Charan, regarding the title, Do OSS users infringe other copyrights, you have already assumed OSS users infringe copyrights, please can you say what are those?

Please ask some mod to remove "other" from the title.

Please read the title again "Do OSS users infringe other copyrights" I have missed a "?"

The Other are -- Music and Movie Copyrights..

I disagree with this title here.
then would the title "OSS users also use Pirated stuffs" be ok?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Please read the title again "Do OSS users infringe other copyrights" I have missed a "?"

The Other are -- Music and Movie Copyrights..

then would the title "OSS users also use Pirated stuffs" be ok?
Yes, "Do OSS users use pirated stuff?" will be more appropriate.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'm only going to post this because you took the time to address me. So here goes:-

As per your post:

AFAIK... no one is superior. Everyone has their own potential.

Charan is a experience member here and he knows better than us, regarding wat to discuss and not.

As long as I follow the rules of this forum I shall discuss what I believe bears relevance to the industry. Authority measured in any form such as Post Count, Membership date is just pure lame. Hence I maintain what I said any post count or join date doesn't mean squat. You might have helped random user 106 and helped him from saving the end of the world. Personally I don't care.

You seemed to think that I was staging some kind of assault on Charan which I personally have no gains on doing so.

And.. coming back to topic.. If u think OSS users are really pirates by using pirated music.. then they are pirates...

If you use pirated music then you are a pirate. Theres no such thing as semi-pirates, OSS-Pirates etc. Piracy retains to everyone. Like iMav said if you maintain the high standards of I use OSS to curb Piracy then stop using those downloaded mp3s you got off of some torrent or P2P network.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Now that the air has been cleared about the title, lets get back to discussing the issue... More comments from OSS users please...

Arun

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@giga and exx_2000 , calm down guys .. we are all on the same boat.

@mods: pls change the title to "Do OSS users use pirated stuff?" :D

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
well... I really dont want to fight for POST COUNTS *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/31a.gif

wat a crap *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/33a.gif

ok.. come back to topic

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@giga and exx_2000 , calm down guys .. we are all on the same boat.
Im calm :D

However posts like these are just hilarious.

I don't care about the topic title much though. The only ones I have pirated are some English ones I couldn't find here. Example is Band of brothers ( I love this Movie) Ive been begging my dealer to get the boxxed one but every person he asks can't get as copy of it. Some songs (read as outrageous gangster music lol) also which I downloaded from US , having a 5 mbps connection is pretty much fun :) .

eddie

El mooooo
Weird thread title and a weirder thought behind the thread.

Can someone tell me that what is there in a Open Source Software that makes its users saints or copyright fanatics (which is what this thread intends to show them like)? I didn't get any red and blue pills with my Ubuntu 7.10 download. I just got an ISO which I burnt on a CD. Also, it didn't make me sign any kind of an oath that would make me pledge against piracy for my life and it didn't force me to do any thing in a certain way.

If any one sees OSS movement as against piracy or the philosophy behind the movement as anti-piracy then I am very sorry to say but he/she is very narrow sighted (minded?). User's not being a software pirate is not a motive of OSS movement...that is just a by-product. So any OSS user pirating is not going against any philosophy. He/she is doing what he/she feels best to do with his/her computer...*The philosophy behind OSS movement*

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Rofl..
Nice one my friend..
One moment i was like sad..i searched all you last post..i thought you were banned for saying something here in this thread..good..ok now give me a treat..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes this is the reply I was looking for.

Can someone tell me that what is there in a Open Source Software that makes its users saints or copyright fanatics (which is what this thread intends to show them like)? I didn't get any red and blue pills with my Ubuntu 7.10 download. I just got an ISO which I burnt on a CD. Also, it didn't make me sign any kind of an oath that would make me pledge against piracy for my life and it didn't force me to do any thing in a certain way.
so you say you dont care about GNU GPL or Music/Movie copyrights.

If any one sees OSS movement as against piracy or the philosophy behind the movement as anti-piracy then I am very sorry to say but he/she is very narrow sighted (minded?).
I use OSS and understand what it ment for.
*The philosophy behind OSS movement*

Many OSS are distributed under GNU GPL License and many here understand it very well. They also promote OSS, even in irrelevent threads. I have been asked by many to make our software opensource, to be specific to be released under GPL.

where does this come to ?

OSS supporters want everything to be under GNU GPL or its varients, but on the other hand dont give a damn about respecting others copyright. They even go against technologies which is trying to protect copyrighted material for been distributed illegally.

And where are the other guys who helped me learn about OSS? you guys have nothing to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom