Divinity Original Sin

bippukt

In the zone
This game now has an INR pricing - 849 :)

I think Divinity: Original Sin is going to be my first INR purchase, not Galactic Civilizations III. I am just checking out a few gameplay videos to be sure.

Alok

Adventurer
This game is........... tedious.

Hmm cuz It's long or storywise?

I liked it very much though, story gets somewhat stale in the last, really appreciate voice acting, no voices is only reason I didn't try pillars of eternity, can't read that much :p

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I liked it very much though, story gets somewhat stale in the last, really appreciate voice acting, no voices is only reason I didn't try pillars of eternity, can't read that much :p

plus pillars combat was annoying and there wasnt any good "loot" in the game

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

No, not like that.

The inventory management is tedious. There is no global inventory. You have to check through each characters inventory or transfers items to one characters inventory. You could use a backpack as a global inventory but it lacks sort options and you need to transfer items to it which itself is tedious due to lack of keyboard shortcuts. The sort options are not saved, you have to do it every time. The inventory categories aren't enough. There is no separate category for armor, weapons, ornaments, junk,etc which adds to the tedium. Automatic item comparison is a good feature but you need the item in 'that' character's inventory for it to work basically rendering it useless for 3 characters.

Rotating the camera to spot items occluded by walls becomes tedious after a while rather than a feature.

You cannot use the map to pan the map and make the characters move to that location. You manually have to pan the camera in the 3D world and the movement isn't responsive to begin with. Moving around an area after you have explored it becomes tedious. PoE even had a 2x speed option.

Not related to tedium but the trait system feels stupid. I would choose a dialogue because i want to choose that dialogue option not because i want a trait.

Alok

Adventurer
No, not like that.

The inventory management is tedious. There is no global inventory. You have to check through each characters inventory or transfers items to one characters inventory. You could use a backpack as a global inventory but it lacks sort options and you need to transfer items to it which itself is tedious due to lack of keyboard shortcuts. The sort options are not saved, you have to do it every time. The inventory categories aren't enough. There is no separate category for armor, weapons, ornaments, junk,etc which adds to the tedium. Automatic item comparison is a good feature but you need the item in 'that' character's inventory for it to work basically rendering it useless for 3 characters.

Rotating the camera to spot items occluded by walls becomes tedious after a while rather than a feature.

You cannot use the map to pan the map and make the characters move to that location. You manually have to pan the camera in the 3D world and the movement isn't responsive to begin with. Moving around an area after you have explored it becomes tedious. PoE even had a 2x speed option.

Hmm I play with Xb1 controller so didn't notice kb control issues. With controller there is entirely different interface , wheel like quick menu to switch between inventories. Rotating cam is mapped on right thumb stick, great controller support.

But yeah too much junk, I don't even throw most of those cuz I think maybe I can use it later somewhere :(

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Hmm I play with Xb1 controller so didn't notice kb control issues. With controller there is entirely different interface , wheel like quick menu to switch between inventories. Rotating cam is mapped on right thumb stick, great controller support.

But yeah too much junk, I don't even throw most of those cuz I think maybe I can use it later somewhere :(

I figured it was designed for the gamepad. They really didn't do much for the keyboard and mouse. Things that should just take a minute to do takes more than 10 minutes. PoE was a true PC game.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
It's sad though because the content of this game is good.

Minor spoilers:
Met the Councillor Jake's dog that would smell any stuff and tell whether it had Jake's smell on it. Got him Esmeralda's panties. Says it has the smell of every man in town but not Jake's :D

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Met the Councillor Jake's dog that would smell any stuff and tell whether it had Jake's smell on it. Got him Esmeralda's panties. Says it has the smell of every man in town but not Jake's

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN :lol:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Finished exploring Cyseal and a little bit of Luculla forest and Hiberheim.

*steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/806551261322462359/6D9E870C24CA0E1D78EF8B7159CF7FD5C5C65EF6/

What difficulty did you guys play at?

Top Bottom