Ditch Turbo C++ use Relo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Ron said:
hey how to compare three integers in C++.........I want to find the smallest no among three digits...........
you could use If statements or else you could take them in an array , sort them in ascending order n then take the first element .

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Buddy I am New To C++..
I would be thankful if u could post the code........By using if statement.......

praka123

left this forum longback
src2206 said:
Isn't the Linux distros like include GCC, which can compile C++ codes? Can it compile old codes too?
I know its a mundane question, but I'm planning to get my hand dirty with programing. :D
ofcorz.gcc is better.u can get Anjuta GUI for c/cpp programs and gcc complies well with latest standards ISO,ANSI:rolleyes:.Yes Linux is best for programming not only c,c++ -java,.net(mono) and perl,python and a lotta options.even VS.net ppl are woed a lot by qt libs of trolltech.

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
praka123 said:
ofcorz.gcc is better.u can get Anjuta GUI for c/cpp programs and gcc complies well with latest standards ISO,ANSI:rolleyes:.Yes Linux is best for programming not only c,c++ -java,.net(mono) and perl,python and a lotta options.even VS.net ppl are woed a lot by qt libs of trolltech.
i Guess you didn't read the first post !

it's specially for those who want to compile old code with borland specific libraries that are taught in school .

src2206

In the zone
praka123 said:
ofcorz.gcc is better.u can get Anjuta GUI for c/cpp programs and gcc complies well with latest standards ISO,ANSI

Thank you vary much for the info :). Could you please explain what is Anjuta GUI? Is it available in debian?

Basically I am not in IT, and I plan to learn programing just as a hobby, long back I learnt a little bit of C, but never really to got the time to shrpen my skills.

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
src2206 said:
Thank you vary much for the info :). Could you please explain what is Anjuta GUI? Is it available in debian?

Basically I am not in IT, and I plan to learn programing just as a hobby, long back I learnt a little bit of C, but never really to got the time to shrpen my skills.
Well Anjuta is a free C++ IDE(Intergtrated Development Environment) although you probably won't need it for basic C/C++ programming as Gedit or Kate will work just fine :)

Also , i suggest that if you're gonna start out with programming Learn a Language like C# or Java instead of C/C++ .

src2206

In the zone
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Well Anjuta is a free C++ IDE(Intergtrated Development Environment) although you probably won't need it for basic C/C++ programming as Gedit or Kate will work just fine :)

Thank you very much Zeeshan :)

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Also , i suggest that if you're gonna start out with programming Learn a Language like C# or Java instead of C/C++ .

Would you mind telling me what is the difference between C# (I'm not sure how do you pronounce it) and C/C++? Thank you for the suggestion still :). In this context, I remeber that one of my programer friend told me to learn Java because it also provides a lot of freelance oppertunity? Is that true? I have a steady job, so I can devote quality time in learning Java and freelance oppertunity will surely be an extra motivational boost :D.

praka123

left this forum longback
src2206 said:

Yes,it is available in Debian.just use synaptic or apt-get install anjuta.dont use source compiling etc.FYI Anjuta(written by an Indian) home @:
Anjuta is a versatile IDE for C and C++, written for GTK/GNOME. Features include project management, application wizards, an onboard interactive debugger, and a powerful source editor with browsing and syntax highlighting.
[SIZE=-1]*anjuta.sourceforge.net/[/SIZE]

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Two things Zeeshan
If TC does not run on your XP then there is problem with your XP not TC.
TC Supports mouse. Alteast TC 3.0 does.

I am not supporting or arguing for TC but just clearing things about TC.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Thanks Zeeshan.

I failed in getting this to work. It gives me ERROR :( Can you please help me in configuring this :)
*img214.imageshack.us/img214/4286/image1aa3.jpg
*img214.imageshack.us/img214/7492/image2zv5.th.jpg

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well this problem crops up a lotta times with borland compilers .

Try making a new "Console" project n then recompiling it . If it does not help then check "Use ILINK32" + "Add Compiler inc/Lib dir" in Tools->Options->Project .

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well this problem crops up a lotta times with borland compilers .

Try making a new "Console" project n then recompiling it . If it does not help then check "Use ILINK32" + "Add Compiler inc/Lib dir" in Tools->Options->Project .

Tried that bro, Didnt work :(

src2206

In the zone
Hello Parka123 and Zeeshan

Just to inform you that I have installed Ajunta in Ubuntu.

Thank you everyone.

src2206

In the zone
Thank you parka123...

BTW, could you recommend any good free e books for beginner like me? I have one book on C written by Kanitkar, but none on Java or C#. C++ etc

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ Free ebooks are hard to find for languages like c/c++. I searched a lot but there arent any.:(
But free ebooks of languages like python do exist (just in case :) ), I remember downloading it once. But neither I have that book now, nor the link.:*(

Status
Not open for further replies.