GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
K,
I have following config pc:-
AMD ATHLON ii X4 645 @ 3.1 Ghz
Asus m4a88t m le
Crosair 4 gb ddr3 1333Mhz ram
On-board Radeon HD 4250
1.5 gb Vram

I've playing Dirt 2 smoothly (about 26-30fps on 1024-768 resolution and all at medium settings and no AA).
But today when I was tryin to play the game it says OpenAl32.dll was not found in your system. Reinstalling may fix the problem.
I've downloaded openal32.dll from dll-files.com and copied. But not working...
Guys wat will be the problem?
I've Avira Premium anti virus licensed. It didn't found a virus.

A game called Rollercoastertycoon 3 has similar problem. When I double click the Icon of the game, it will appear on task manager and disappear. Nothin happens.
Tell me ????

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Wipe the gfx drivers and re-install it first. If it's not solve the issue, then re-install the games you mentioned.

Cilus

laborare est orare
1. First uninstall the game. You can keep the saved games

2.first install oalinst.exe from here

3. extract xinput to c / windows / system or system 32

4. Now install the game and try to play it. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

furious_gamer, reinstalling Graphics driver or games won't yield any result as the mentioned dll is a part of Windows installation. Sometimes abnormal shut downs corrupt or delete this dll. It is basically a cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
First Download this
OpenAL32.dll Error fix by Jesuwin.rar

u will get two files in the archive
Copy the OpenAL32.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM & also in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
then open the other file oalinst.exe click ok when it shows instalation complete
Without closing that try opening the Game and see

tkin

Back to school!!
Reinstall driver.

Force game to run in DX9 mode, google for "Dirt 2 DX9 mode" for tutorial.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
1. First uninstall the game. You can keep the saved games

2.first install oalinst.exe from here

3. extract xinput to c / windows / system or system 32

4. Now install the game and try to play it. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

furious_gamer, reinstalling Graphics driver or games won't yield any result as the mentioned dll is a part of Windows installation. Sometimes abnormal shut downs corrupt or delete this dll. It is basically a cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.

Yea... This may be the problem. My pc was not shutdown properly due to bad UPS, and power cuts.!
Anyway thanks. I'll try this oalinst.exe

Thanks guys it resolved.

Mithun_mrg and Cilus.

akash22

Journeyman
i got d same error for dirt3 whn installed for 2nd time. i just searchd for openal and installed it. mine problem got fixed!!
"*connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx"

Top Bottom