direct X 9c not installing! help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i have XP professional. and it shows me directX9b in dxdiag, also games which need 9c are not running.
i installed XP unlimited last year and direct X 9c was also installed. i was playing nfs most wanted [dx9c] too, without any trouble. i formatted my system and reinstalled windows Xp professional 4 times for directX 9c.
but it is not installing. i have downloaded latest drivers for my video card but dx9c still not installing and when i try to install it shows 100% in less than a second and shows dx9c completed successfully. but when i check this on dxdiag it shows dx9b. what should i do?
my system config: if
celeron D 2.4GHz
480mb RAM
32MB VRAM
40+80GB IDE HDD.
please DONT suggest to upgrade my PC. since direct X 9c was installed and working fine earlier on windows XP unlimited!

i am planning to buy windows unlimited! should i do this?

i have also latest release of direct X9c from microsoft.

please help me

MukulFodu

Right off the assembly line
I guess you DirectX setup files are corrupt or something. Donwload and install DirectX 9c Redistributable (I think November 2008 was the latest). It should install fine.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Nope.... that's coz DirectX 9.0c is already installed on your PC. Try installing it once more and run dxdiag.exe from "Run". You would see the installed version version will show 9.0c!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom