Difference between full-HD monitor & HDTV

enkay3987

Broken In
There are a couple of things that I'm not able to understand. I would be grateful if someone will be able to clear it out for me and point me in the right direction.

1. What is the difference between a computer monitor and a Tv.(with the same resolution say full HD).

2. Does a bigger computer monitor(say 24'') have lesser quality as compared to a smaller monitor(say 22'') when both are having the same resolution(say full HD).

clmlbx

Technomancer
There are a couple of things that I'm not able to understand. I would be grateful if someone will be able to clear it out for me and point me in the right direction.

1. What is the difference between a computer monitor and a Tv.(with the same resolution say full HD).

Not much difference, computer monitor(lcd compatible with pc) might have vga input other then HDMI which will be there if it is HD

2. Does a bigger computer monitor(say 24'') have lesser quality as compared to a smaller monitor(say 22'') when both are having the same resolution(say full HD).

not practically, even to enjoy full HD it is better to have at least 30

In general HDTV might mean HD ready that is 720P but full HD definitely means 1080P

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
1) A TV has the capability to watch TV, using the general cablewala connection. A monitor doesn't.

2) Yes, the picture will be less sharp. But in 2" the difference is not apparent. This is why you want higher than FHD resolutions in 27"+ monitor. TVs are OK because you sit a lot farther from then them than you do on a monitor.
You can see this in low end phones and high end phones with the same screen size but diff resolutions.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
HDTV are good for overall media consumption like movies and games.
HD monitor has higher readability and are better option for Web Surfing, Document editing etc.

Top Bottom