diff b/w Symbian OS, UIQ and Symbian OS S60

Status
Not open for further replies.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
hi friends, could u plz tell what's is diff b/w Symbian OS, UIQ(used by sony erricsion G700) and Symbian OS S60 (used by N73 etc)..which is better ?:rolleyes:
is there any applications difference like s60 has more than uiq (say)??...also what is price of G700 it's adv/dis-adv over n73Me:!:

also tell me some good mob. price site, i used indiagsm but it is not covering all sets.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Coudnt this have been continued in the other thread.Newaz..

UiQ is actually a direct concern of Symbian S60

UIQ 3 is actually based on the symbian 9 platform, same as the newer S60 devices.Since UIQ is not that popular, the applications available are not huge either, but you have all the regular applications such as core player, opera, etc etc which you need for basic purposes.

UIQ trumps over S60 in the fact that it supports touchscreen which normal Symbian doesnt.

G700 costs 15.1k while N73 costs 13k.
I havent used the G700 so i wouldnt comment on the performance of the handset.Ask krazzy here who owns this set.
But as i have seen, the G700 takes much better pics than the N73 with more sharpness.

gopz

In the zone
Symbian OS - The default OS on most phones where you cannot install any 3rd party applications, for Eg. Nokia 6300

Symbian 60 - The best OS for cellphones now, with a huge list of applications that can be installed on the phone. Eg, Nokia E51/ N73 / N95 etc

Symbian UIQ - This is similar to Symbian 60 but it is for TouchScreen mobiles. The apps designed for S60 will not be compatible with UIQ. Eg. Motorola A1000

OP
hskpunjabi

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
Coudnt this have been continued in the other thread.Newaz..

UiQ is actually a direct concern of Symbian S60

UIQ 3 is actually based on the symbian 9 platform, same as the newer S60 devices.Since UIQ is not that popular, the applications available are not huge either, but you have all the regular applications such as core player, opera, etc etc which you need for basic purposes.

UIQ trumps over S60 in the fact that it supports touchscreen which normal Symbian doesnt.

G700 costs 15.1k while N73 costs 13k.
I havent used the G700 so i wouldnt comment on the performance of the handset.Ask krazzy here who owns this set.
But as i have seen, the G700 takes much better pics than the N73 with more sharpness.

ya may it is not justified to start this thread..but i might think it is 4 only diff,s while starting...anyways thanks 4 this. i have heard of nokia S60 touch phone, is it s60 or uiq, any guess when will it be launched?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Symbian OS - The default OS on most phones where you cannot install any 3rd party applications, for Eg. Nokia 6300
That is not Symbian OS. That's Nokia's S40 OS which has got nothing to do with Symbian.

krazzy g700? congrats man

It's not mine. It's my sisters. It was my suggestion though. And of course I have full access to it whenever she is at home. Working on a review now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom