Diablo III Discussion

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
come on, it won't lose any new gamers, everyone will play it when the game's ratings will be averaging above 90/100 and with developers like Blizzard thats like gonna happen for sure.
Well we can only hope for that. I am never sure for any game. I have hope :) :))

@offtopic
Pyro I guess you don't mind quoting you as just Pyro rather than complete .=Pyro=.
You know thats kinda long for me. :D:D

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
^^
we can be sure of some games. like Valve games and rockstar. Don't you believe that LA noire will get 90+ ratings??

@offtopic -
nah bro, i dont mind.

gameranand

Living to Play
Pyro said:
we can be sure of some games. like Valve games and rockstar. Don't you believe that LA noire will get 90+ ratings??
You know rating are not everything. Its what game is meant to deliver. If a game is hyped to do wonders and didn't but got a nice rating then IMHO its a sh1t. Take for example Crysis 2. I actually used to have faith in games but after Crysis 2 and DA2 from one of the best developer studios my faith is lost in dark.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah thats right. Both the games got 90+ rating but still they are waste but why??? Well DA2 was still good for me in terms of gameplay but the other one. Man they gave milestones for gaming and then this.....
Well I am afraid about Diablo 3 because of these reasons. Also they haven't launched any gameplay videos yet so seriously I can't comment about this game until watching at least 1 or 2 gameplay videos. Although Blizzard is a great studios they gave Starcraft 2 game after 10 years and yet they delivered what it was meant to be but still can't say anything.

Well I am afraid about Diablo 3 because of these reasons. Also they haven't launched any gameplay videos yet so seriously I can't comment about this game until watching at least 1 or 2 gameplay videos.

Haven't launched gameplay videos?? :shock::shock:

Check original post. There are gameplay videos of all 5 classes along-with trailers (not to mention the crafting system video).

gameranand

Living to Play
I am talking about some other guy plays it. I mean kind of Demo to be precise because its been a long time since Diablo 2.

Thirteenth Batch
Well folks, on 26th April, Blizzard released their thirteenth batch of goodies for hitting the 850k 'Like' mark.
Below are the pictures posted on Diablo's Facebook page.

*i.imgur.com/Jepyz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/tKfbm.jpg

gameranand

Living to Play
Gaurav said:
You might wanna get a hold of all six diablo books before D3 releases...
Seriously bro. Who have time to read six books for a game. I am having trouble reading all books of my syllabus and you are suggesting to read six books for a game. :))

Soumik

Padawan
You obviously have no idea about the development progress of Blizzard North team. So please abstain from spreading BS.

Well... i should correct my statement - Its not all, but surely around 3 (out of 5/6... dont know) character types were created and working since almost 3 years ago...
Check this link :
Youtube Video for Barbarian
This video was posted on Jun 28, 2008!!! I accept am not following Diablo 3 development. But, if you have half characters and environment ready by that time, should it really take another 4 years to launch the full game?

Graphics is big part for me. I would still play the game, but surely aging graphics will hold back some potential buyers. As hardcore fan, many might not agree to it, but its a fact. Only if it gets insanely high ratings everywhere(which hopefully it will), then it might hit to people's curiosity to give it a try. This is because the major part of the potential buyers next year, will probably not have played Diablo 2, which will be around 10 years old, hence, will have no idea about the game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Soumik said:
Well... i should correct my statement - Its not all, but surely around 3 (out of 5/6... dont know) character types were created and working since almost 3 years ago...
Check this link :
This video was posted on Jun 28, 2008!!! I accept am not following Diablo 3 development. But, if you have half characters and environment ready by that time, should it really take another 4 years to launch the full game?

Graphics is big part for me. I would still play the game, but surely aging graphics will hold back some potential buyers. As hardcore fan, many might not agree to it, but its a fact. Only if it gets insanely high ratings everywhere(which hopefully it will), then it might hit to people's curiosity to give it a try. This is because the major part of the potential buyers next year, will probably not have played Diablo 2, which will be around 10 years old, hence, will have no idea about the game.
Exactly. I mean what the hell are they doing for these years. They can't call themselves a good developers by making a good game in 12 years for god sake. Also its never sure that the game will be perfect at the release and get high rating. As a gamer I have seen rise and fall of many hyped games and what not and still many gamers are still FPS and racing freaks so to draw their attention this game has to be exceptional in every department or it will just another game with 9+ rating resting in dust.

Seriously bro. Who have time to read six books for a game. I am having trouble reading all books of my syllabus and you are suggesting to read six books for a game. :))

Well I am not asking you to read it. So don't fret. :)

around 3 (out of 5/6... dont know) character types were created and working since almost 3 years ago...

...5/6 characters?? Really?? Well I can't help you with that then, since you "don't know".

Besides 3 characters were not created when the game was officially announced. Only 2.

Check this link :
This video was posted on Jun 28, 2008!!!

You really want to think I haven't seen this? You might wanna check the original post. You'll find this and a lot more videos there.
And besides, this video was shown off before Blizzard gave D3 an engine change. So it doesn't count for much anyway right now..except for the feel to it.

I accept am not following Diablo 3 development.

Its about time.

But, if you have half characters and environment ready by that time, should it really take another 4 years to launch the full game?

Again your ignorance proves to be too much for me to comprehend.

Graphics is big part for me. I would still play the game, but surely aging graphics will hold back some potential buyers.

Ageing graphics? Right. :rofl:
D3 graphics are supposed to be artistic not photo-realistic. It's not one of your average games which needs extremely strong effects to make it come good. Doesn't matter what you think about its graphics..the game will still sell, and people will again be stripped off their social lives...history will repeat itself after around a decade...

Potential buyers? Well let's see. SC2 and WoW:Cataclysm broke every RTS and MMORPG record out there, respectively, within 24 hours of their release. I wonder now...

As hardcore fan, many might not agree to it, but its a fact. Only if it gets insanely high ratings everywhere(which hopefully it will), then it might hit to people's curiosity to give it a try. This is because the major part of the potential buyers next year, will probably not have played Diablo 2, which will be around 10 years old, hence, will have no idea about the game.

On the contrary, "the major part of the potential buyers" will be the ones who played D2...and in the last 4 years, people who have seen the videos and followed the development(which is much more than you know) are getting hooked, and are currently dishing out D2 and its expansion so as to get their fingers flexed up just for the monster-killing in D3.
For people who have no idea about the previous game lore etc. Blizzard is going to implement an in-game system which will tell players the events that have led to D3 starting right up from the end of D2 expansion...or who knows, even right from D1.

Exactly. I mean what the hell are they doing for these years. They can't call themselves a good developers by making a good game in 12 years for god sake.

Just don't repeat this line.

And what is the meaning of 12 years exactly?? Tell me...do you even know when D2 expansion was released??

Also in the time-span from D2 expansion to right now, Blizzard has released many other games. You might have heard the names. Its something called WoW...and its expansions...not to mention SC2 as well.

Also its never sure that the game will be perfect at the release and get high rating.

Well that's why they are taking their time to finalize D3. To make it close to perfect, if not totally perfect.

As a gamer I have seen rise and fall of many hyped games and what not

"As a gamer"...right... you have a graphical palette of a nine-year old and you call yourself a gamer. A gamer doesn't get bothered by the visual effects...a gamer plays the game itself. Try to google what the definition of "gamer" is.

Try to play D2 in Nightmare or Hell mode..or forget D2...try to play Quake 3 in Nightmare...or better yet...try to play even level-six bots in Quake 3 CPMA...

and still many gamers are still FPS and racing freaks so to draw their attention this game has to be exceptional in every department or it will just another game with 9+ rating resting in dust.

Well, again search for definition of "gamer".
True gamers will play a game regardless of whatever genre a game belongs to so long as the gameplay is upto scratch.

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Well u missed my point... I pointed u the video to show the date. As a diehard fan u must have seen it. If so much was already done... (2/5 - as u mentioned) its just too long a time for finalizing a game.

And if u are saying it doesnt care about bringing state of the art graphics, why would they take the pain to revamp the game engine 3 times? Just for physics and enemy AI?
U missed 'gameranand''s point and criticized his mistake of 12 years. DII:LOR came out in 2001.. and this game is supposed to have been in development since 2001 and tentative release date is 2012. Thats 11 years.. and its really a freaking long time. The company has been through alot in this time. People have been fired, it was taken over by Activision... people might have changed. Something being developed through so much change would not be the proper original idea.

Wikipedia Quote : "Video gamer: A person who enjoys playing video games." Obviously, if any aspect of the game doesnt make the gamer enjoy himself, he may choose to not play it. It doesnt make him not 'gamer'. I just googled as u asked. :) Unless u have an online dictionary saying otherwise, i think u need to be more specific about the type of gamer u are mentioning.

I played and completed Diablo 2 in 2003-2004, i loved it and replayed it with diff characters and mods etc (because i was studying). And well, next year i will probably not have time to check out game reviews anymore, let alone install and play anytime taking game. Unless u were a small kid when u completed Diablo 2, the diablo fans are all working now. And there itself D3 has lost a good amount of its prospective customers. Starcraft 2 was an amazing game on its own. U dont need to know the SC legacy to play it. AND, its visuals were really really good compared to other RTSs out there. WoW stared a long time back and it was a stellar hit. People are hooked onto it and want their alter egos to carry on longer. Its not a game you would play for hours. You can play for some time after work to take an escape into the fantasy world while still talking to and communicating with ur social circle. Hence, the expansions keep selling more and more. All who were hooked from the beginning will definitely buy the expansions. While in the case of D3, they have to hook in new players like SC2. And the best way to it is by putting on an amazing presentation of the game. Whatever be the quality of something, unless u have something to impress at the first glance, its difficult to reach the heart. If you look at the same genre games of D3, DA:O and DAII look a decade ahead in visual presentation. There are even older RPGs like Witcher, which look quite good. Though i agree DAII was crap. RPG games have taken a huge leap forward in story telling and visual presentation. Sorry to say, but in front of them, D3 just looks old. May eventually be like gold, but definitely old.
I am a Diablo fan, and i will buy this game. But i can say that none of my college friends with whom i learned to played the game.. will buy it. Some are only into multiplayer games(only CS and NFS) and their competitions, while some have left games altogather. The game is coming half a decade too late.

1. The game engine wasn't revamped three times. Just once. Enemy AI is hardly a matter concerning the engine. Their in-house engine allows them more freedom to make changes in the code should such a situation arise. Also the current one is far more stable than the one through which the reveal was done.

2. The game wasn't in serious consideration since 2001 itself. 2005 was the year when the rumors started of the third installment. During that time what was actually happening was that Blizzard was in the process of finalizing the core game-style and the art direction. Once that was done, you had the 2008 Paris conference reveal...the official reveal. The time frame for the game development should be considered from that point onwards. 3 years in game development isn't too much. If you feel otherwise I can't help you.

3. Gamer - Wikipedia. See it properly. None of the definitions contain the word "graphics".
Anand says that he doesn't play old games because of their graphics. That's the meaning of a gamer??

4. Regarding the prospective customers, Blizzard will lose nothing. Nothing whatsoever. Period. Whatever you say won't matter. I will say nothing regarding this from this point on.

5. Both you and Anand have the graphical palette of a nine-year old, unfortunately. Diablo doesn't need photo-realism to strengthen itself. Regarding storytelling, Blizzard knows it best.

I would urge you guys to stop this Blizzard rant thing. This is a discussion thread and you guys are raging around. There is another section for that. I hope you realize this and let this thread be. Thank you.

Last edited:
Fourteenth Batch
Well folks, on 2nd May, Blizzard released their fourteenth batch of goodies for hitting the 875k 'Like' mark.
Below are the pictures posted on Diablo's Facebook page.

*i.imgur.com/zxk5y.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VwTRE.jpg

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Gaurav said:
The game wasn't in serious consideration since 2001 itself. 2005 was the year when the rumors started of the third installment. During that time what was actually happening was that Blizzard was in the process of finalizing the core game-style and the art direction. Once that was done, you had the 2008 Paris conference reveal...the official reveal. The time frame for the game development should be considered from that point onwards. 3 years in game development isn't too much. If you feel otherwise I can't help you.
Wikipedia said:
Development on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation.
I guess its 11 years.
Gaurav said:
search for definition of "gamer".
soumik said:
Wikipedia Quote : "Video gamer: A person who enjoys playing video games." Obviously, if any aspect of the game doesn't make the gamer enjoy himself, he may choose to not play it. It doesn't make him not 'gamer'. I just googled as u asked. Unless u have an online dictionary saying otherwise, i think u need to be more specific about the type of gamer u are mentioning.
For me its graphics isn't that simple enough for anyone.
Gaurav said:
Both you and Anand have the graphical palette of a nine-year old, unfortunately. Diablo doesn't need photo-realism to strengthen itself. Regarding storytelling, Blizzard knows it best.
They are really important aspect IMHO. After all Crysis 2 got a lot of criticism because its graphics were not upto the expectations and you know that.

Gaurav said:
Regarding the prospective customers, Blizzard will lose nothing. Nothing whatsoever. Period. Whatever you say won't matter. I will say nothing regarding this from this point on.
If Blizzard are taking 11 years to make a game and losing customers then what type of game developer they are.
Gaurav said:
Well that's why they are taking their time to finalize D3. To make it close to perfect, if not totally perfect.
If they are finalizing now then what the hell were they doing for so many years.

Top Bottom