Apc br1100cl-in ups
1 tb harddisk
asus p8h67 m pro motherboard
4gb ram
core i5 2.8ghz quad core
lg 20 tft monitor
asus 1gb ddr3 5670hd
iball 500w spinter smps

Now problem is its been three years i always buy the same model ups n it dies in summer due to power fluctuations its a 1100kva ups is not it enough. First two years were in warranty so it was okay but now its a problem as it is dead again i checked with ac stabilizer and it gets 100 v input when voltage reaches its lowest limit
So please suggest a solution coz am tired of changing ups every year and let me tell you power fluctuation is very high here
Please suggest me a good ups and any other solution if possible
please please i request you all to help
advance thanks

quicky008

Technomancer
Is your ups connected directly to ac mains or to the stabilizer?If its the latter then you should stop using your ups like that and connect it to your ac wall outlet directly-I've heard that upses tend to malfunction when they are connected to a stabilizer/cvt etc and that may be the reason why your ups had failed so often in the past.

OP
C

ckn008

Right off the assembly line
Is your ups connected directly to ac mains or to the stabilizer?If its the latter then you should stop using your ups like that and connect it to your ac wall outlet directly-I've heard that upses tend to malfunction when they are connected to a stabilizer/cvt etc and that may be the reason why your ups had failed so often in the past.
no its connected to ac mains still problem sud i get more va ups or what i dont get it

quicky008

Technomancer
Get your house's electrical wiring thoroughly checked by an electrician-there's a strong possibility that something is wrong with it.Make sure that the live and neutral outputs are at their proper positions and haven't been reversed accidentally,last but not the least get your earthing checked as well.Its very unusual for an apc ups to malfunction so frequently-i think the problem may lie with the wiring itself.Also its a good idea to turn your ups off whenever there's too much voltage fluctuation-most upses cannot handle voltages below 160 V and when it falls below that level,they will switch over to battery power.

Buying a ups with a higher VA rating isn't gonna solve your problem-get your wiring checked first and then decide what to do accordingly.

OP
C

ckn008

Right off the assembly line
Get your house's electrical wiring thoroughly checked by an electrician-there's a strong possibility that something is wrong with it.Make sure that the live and neutral outputs are at their proper positions and haven't been reversed accidentally,last but not the least get your earthing checked as well.Its very unusual for an apc ups to malfunction so frequently-i think the problem may lie with the wiring itself.Also its a good idea to turn your ups off whenever there's too much voltage fluctuation-most upses cannot handle voltages below 160 V and when it falls below that level,they will switch over to battery power.

Buying a ups with a higher VA rating isn't gonna solve your problem-get your wiring checked first and then decide what to do accordingly.
what if i keep the same model ups and use a automatic stabilizer like in acs along with ups
coz wiring are all okay and good as far as i know coz last month only ac stabilizer was changed because of voltage fluctuations

Don't use a stabalizer or inverter with UPS. UPS have built in voltage stabilizers. Just get your house wiring and power plug checked.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
contact your electricity board to get taps at transformer adjusted...
i used to get 300v in our area.... after repeated complaint, he changed taps at the substation and main station and now it is 230v rock solid that too in a rural area

Top Bottom