Desktop trouble

abirthedevil

In the zone
My desktop has been a pain in the bottom side for quite a few months now, fiddled around with at the start but didnt care later and today i spent my entire day trying to get it up and running to find out in the end that comp shuts down on its own

Things wrong with the comp
1. GPU does not provide output, tried 9500GT and 7200 i doubt theres something wrong with the both of them, when plugged into the on board video i get dispay
2. System shuts down automatically, sometimes as early as before even the enter BIOS screen sometimes i get to my local drives but again it goes down

Things already done
Have tried 2 different RAM sticks(one at a time) on both slots, reset CMOS

Things i suspect might have gone wrong
RAM, motherboard, My PSU should be alright corsair vx550 bought just a month ago and has been in the box itself till today

oh yeah specs
Core 2 duo 2.4ghz
ASUS P5GC-MX/1333
2GB+1GB transcend 667Mhz DDR2 RAM(tried both sticks seprately, together on diffrent slots)
XFX9500GT 512MB
500gig WD green + 500gig segate
corsair vx500(knows its over overkill for my system, intend to power new nig that will be bought within few months)

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS ANNOYANCE?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Overheating problem? Make sure heatsink is properly connected with proccy.

HDD problem. Make sure there are no bad sectors.

Most probably a mobo problem.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I guess what is left..to try another LGA775 board. If that works, then the board is defective.

OP
abirthedevil

abirthedevil

In the zone
I guess what is left..to try another LGA775 board. If that works, then the board is defective.

will check with the other intel mobo i have but it has usb power surge thingy going for it so i am not getting my hopes up

@techfreak
Things wrong with the comp
1. GPU does not provide output, tried 9500GT and 7200 i doubt theres something wrong with the both of them, when plugged into the on board video i get dispay
any more suggestions?

^^ had a trip to port blair. great natural beauty. not so great technically i suppose.

returning to ur prob. does ur HDD has bad sectors?
try booting other system frm ur hdd.

if there was a power surge maybe mobo or procy is fried

OP
abirthedevil

abirthedevil

In the zone
made a trip to havelock?

after i made this thread havent looked into the desktop as have been busy will look into it today but im pretty sure my HDD's are alright and about mb power surge, i know its done for that leaves me with no mb to chalk out system problems

made a trip to havelock?

after i made this thread havent looked into the desktop as have been busy will look into it today but im pretty sure my HDD's are alright and about mb power surge, i know its done for that leaves me with no mb to chalk out system problems

Last edited:

sweetheart

Right off the assembly line
hi,
check is there any scheduled tasks, if there is any tasks pls remove scheduled tasks for system automatic shutdown. and do command line > chkdsk. more than that problem is still repeating exchange hdd if it is in warranty,if it is not in warranty, i suggest to please visit desktoprepair

Top Bottom