Desktop icon problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
When I select any icon from the desktop, all the icons above it get selected automatically, as if I am holding SHIFT while clicking...

How to resolve it?:confused:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
When I select any icon from the desktop, all the icons above it get selected automatically, as if I am holding SHIFT while clicking...

Even if you are not, but system is detecing the keyboard shift button is pressed down..

So please tell us doesit happen only in desktop or in all other location under explorer window ??

some time Shift key do get pressed down while u dont notice... so check that also...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
try typing something with caps disabled if the text comes in all caps that means that the shift key is messed up

goldy_connect

Broken In
Lucky_star said:

How to resolve it?:confused:

Make sure that the filter keys option is turned off. for this Go to Start->Control Panel->Accessibility Option.
In the keyboard tag, make sure that filter key option is uncheck.

OP
Lucky_star

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
@goldy_connect, I had tried with all the accessibility options. But no help.

@iMav, while typing there is no problem. So, I don't think shift key is the culprit.

@Choto_cheeta, I have tried with another keyboard. But still the problem persists. It happens in the desktop only.

@ravi_9793, system restore is turned off. So, I think, there is no other option left other than installing Xp again...:(

Actually, this problem is with my friend's system.

I know that it is a feature in XP. In my keyboard(iBall's-iKey), there is a "MARK" button. If I press it once, this feature gets activated. After that whatever I click, all the icons above it get selected. Even if, I click on some text, all that's above the cursor gets selected. To turn this feature off, I have to press the "MARK" button again...

But in his system, there is no such button. So I don't know, how this got activated. I think there is some key combination, which was accidently pressed. Accesibility options doesn't have this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom