Desire S vs Xperia Neo... What would you choose?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My Mom's iPhone 2G is dying. Need a replacement this week, maybe tomorrow itself.

Desire S vs Xperia Neo... What would you choose?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Neo is definitely better but is currently overpriced. Getting Arc is even better, which is just 2k more.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I was just picking one option from the two he gave. :D Until he want us to suggest, i'll not say anything.

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
I'd suggest the Desire S. Better build quality and a much brighter screen, longer battery life and a lot more internal memory.
Neo does have a better camera and an HDMI port but i think she wont use them as much.

PS- Why dont you ask her to decide. Make her try both the phones if possible :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I'd suggest the Desire S. Better build quality and a much brighter screen, longer battery life and a lot more internal memory.
Neo does have a better camera and an HDMI port but i think she wont use them as much.

PS- Why dont you ask her to decide. Make her try both the phones if possible :)

Sure a joke and i guess you have a good sense of humor. While everyone is reporting that batter backup is poor, you're saying this.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ That was desire ... This is desire S. I dont think it would have the same problem again.
My choice Desire S.
Better build quality,
Brighter Screen,
More internal Memory
On Paper better battery

And frankly, HTC phones feel better in hand than SE phone.
SE Neo has better camera... and colours(style).. so, depends on your mom. Whichever she feels good with.

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
Sure a joke and i guess you have a good sense of humor. While everyone is reporting that batter backup is poor, you're saying this.

Huh ? Can you give me proof, any proof ? (links will suffice)

Also, the Desire S has double the ram (usable) than in the Neo.
Then there are availability issues with the Neo (due to the japan earthquake) apart from the higher price. 25k vs 23.5k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Where Neo scores:

LED backlit screen with very deep blacks and power saving, supported by Bravia Engine
much much better camera
fresh design (desire S comes with same old design that HTC has been using for 2 years or so)
Better music capability
better battery (1500mAh Li-Po is much much better and safer than 1450mAh Li-ion)

Where Desire S scores:

More ROM
better HSDPA
stronger 3rd party dev support
Sense UI
divX integration

vishurocks

Journeyman
Depends on user. If user needs better cam, audio quality and better screen. Neo could be good. But desire s seems more pratical. It has more ram, better build(neo's shiny back is more prone to smudges and scratches).

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ok so better built quality and more RAM is more practical then better cam , better sound and better screen....great thought:razz:

Desire S have divx support which is great

vishurocks

Journeyman
More pratical in the sense that desire s's screen is not bad at all. And sound quality and cam is good but somewhat average in comparison to neo. If somebody want a better cam then y not get a digicam. And sound quality is fairly acceptable too. So as a smartphone i say desire s is more pratical.

Compare all specs and price of both then see urself

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Are you kidding me? The Neo just blasts the Desire S to delirium. Except for the RAm, i dont see how the Desire S scores in any ay. In fact, the Neo has a unlockable bootloader and will have plenty of support compared to the Desire S which has its bootloader locked.

And guys. Desire S doesnt have a better screen. In fact even it numbers its worse than the Neo. Neo has a better resolution. And with a led backlit display its way way more brighter than the desire.

Soumik

Padawan
Are you kidding me? The Neo just blasts the Desire S to delirium. Except for the RAm, i dont see how the Desire S scores in any ay. In fact, the Neo has a unlockable bootloader and will have plenty of support compared to the Desire S which has its bootloader locked.

And guys. Desire S doesnt have a better screen. In fact even it numbers its worse than the Neo. Neo has a better resolution. And with a led backlit display its way way more brighter than the desire.
Doesnt LED screens have a lot lower brightness than LCD screens. Desire S has SLCD display which is pretty good. Neo screen would have deeper blacks and more viewing angle, but sharpness and brightness would always be better on Desire S.
Both have divX support. Personally, i like the desire S design as its a lot more mature than that of Neo.
Neo scores only in audio quality and camera. For me, everything else goes to Desire S. If those are a priority, Neo is the way to go.

J

Joker

my vote goes to SE neo. overall better fone--

much better screen,better audio,better camera,better screen resolution,hdmi port,better battery and better design.

desire s has more RAM though.

If somebody want a better cam then y not get a digicam.
same old argument. u cant carry ur digicam in ur pocket.