Desire S or Galaxy S

coolnikhil

Broken In
hie evryone...

i am searching for a best android phone..
plz suggest me one between Galaxy S or Desire S or any other below this range..

thanks in advance

Soumik

Padawan
I recommend Galaxy S. It still beats Desire S in almost everything.
Desire S scores in having a flash compared to no flash on SGS, metal unibody on DS compared to plastic body on SGS, and higher battery life on DS compared to lower on SGS. DS has higher amount of ram, but i doubt there would be much of a difference.

Other than that, it has an amazing 4" Super Amoled Display, superior camera quality, much more powerful Hummingbird chipset and a better GPU to render graphics. Its also slimmer.

Just one other thing to note is that DS has a better UI customization over SGS, but neither of them would give any amount of lag in anything.

Terabyte

In the zone
I wonder why nobody considers the Nexus S ... anybody wants to help me out here ??
No radio
No SAMOLED display in India
No 720p recording
512MB RAM compared to Desire S 768MB
16GB internal storage is not expandable

I reckon Nexus phones are for developers who can develop apps that are compatible with the latest version of Android.

noob

Cyborg Agent
No radio
No SAMOLED display in India
No 720p recording
512MB RAM compared to Desire S 768MB
16GB internal storage is not expandable

I reckon Nexus phones are for developers who can develop apps that are compatible with the latest version of Android.

every above con is acceptable than waiting for updates from crappy samsung.

OS updates are VERY VERY important in Android.
+1 for Nexus S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
@ coolnikhil , i am using Desire S for the past 1 month and i am really satisfied with this beauty.Only problem i am facing with my phone is with Battery life, it's hardly stay for 1 day in Average phone use,and also there is issue with Wii-fi.Anyhow i like this phone very much,its touch is awesome(almost near to Iphone).

andro

Broken In
Go for HTC Incredible S

Advantages over Desire S-

# Better Camera (Both primary and Secondary)
# Bigger Screen
# Latest Phone from HTC whereas Desire S is an upgrade,so may be possible it gets 2.4

Not much price difference considering the features.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Incredible S - Not exactly better primary camera. Higher MP doesnt equal to better picture, from samples i would say Desire S has far better day light picture quality.
Yes, bigger screen, cant argue with that.
But this, along with higher MP camera makes the back side downright ugly when compared to Desire S.
Both are latest phones, and Desire S is actually having 2.3 whereas Incredible S doesnt. Desire S launched after Incredible S, so, it makes Desire S the newer phone. Both have identical hardware inside, so, if HTC takes out an icecream sandwich(probably will) for any of them, it would be for both, and not just one.
Also, Desire S battery life is better than Incredible S, and better build quality too.

andro

Broken In
^^^See being an HTC user from past few years,I can tell they have tendency to bring official updates soon to the models series that are launched new by name initially.
Also the update ROM for INC. 2.3 is leaked and would be made available very soon.
Confirmed update to ICS-HTC Incredible S - Full phone specificationscheck the OS version(But even me thinks its a typo),but rest assured being a new model it will get ICS,that I can vouch

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Go for HTC Incredible S

Advantages over Desire S-

# Better Camera (Both primary and Secondary)
# Bigger Screen
# Latest Phone from HTC whereas Desire S is an upgrade,so may be possible it gets 2.4

Not much price difference considering the features.

Given that SGSII is going to have a retail price close to I:S's, isn't it better to go for much supeior SGSII?

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
using Desire S for the past few weeks. superb feel in the hand... this solid and compact feel can never be matched by plasticky body of other phones :D

specs have been discussed in earlier posts. just to add to it the adreno 205 is only slightly less in performance compared to powervr sgx540 in galaxy S.

why are you guys recommending nexus s ? it just doesn't justify it's cost. and now manufacturers have realised the need for speedy updates for eg. SE. the next major update icecream sandwich will roll out most probably to all phones Q4 only so don't worry about updates gingerbread is here to stay for a loong time :p atleast galaxy s has amoled screen but nexus s has lot of limitations. but if you are looking at incredible s price range then galaxy SII makes sense as desiibond said.

and I tried to replicate the wifi issues but nothing happened for me. wifi reception is great with or without a case. btw if you have dire battery life problems, try recalibrating the battery. steps are there in xda forums. but I don't think it is needed just wait for some time after certain no. of charge cycles battery will give good performance.

_

andro

Broken In
Given that SGSII is going to have a retail price close to I:S's, isn't it better to go for much supeior SGSII?

At the time of the post SGS II was not revealed nor it had confirmed info. about launch,also the TS asked Desire S vs Galaxy S.

Today-GO FOR SGS II blindly....Nothing can beat that right now !!!!!!!

SwiftLover

Broken In
FYI.. Nexus S is available cheaper than Desire S and Galaxy S at Rs21999 from letsbuy. :)

Samsung Galaxy S is available at 21,740/- on Ebay.in..Use Coupon code and get 500/- discount :D i.e: 21,240/- :!:
BRAND NEW SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S 16 GB ANDROID S AMOLED | eBay

I too has same query...now, i have planned to wait for SGSII Price drop...

Top Bottom