Dell xps 15 (customized) l502x

pratik385

In the zone
haaaaaha......

thats wot m also hearing ....... :)

is the xps screen so bad?????????

i know hp dv6 has better gfx card than dell xps, but its good in the sense that it wont heat much......
i vl comprise with a less efficient gfx.....
just tell me about the screen.....is it really very bad??????

any other options of asus n acer.. also lenovo is not trust worthy..

can any1 tell me any store at west bengal, jharkhand or orissa were i can find full hd xps 15..... or were i can get the cheapest deal.. :)

dude get hold of dell guy and bargain, they will give discount.
1080p is great addition to xps, i didnt compare it side by side with 720p one as 1080p was not avail in many shop at pune. Rest everything depends on you.

nice buy fellas btw m considering of getting the same how much did the 3 year warranty cost u

well that doesn't sound attractive at all

same for you mate, get hold of a dell guy and bargain :D
i got nice deal

i7
1080p
750gb
4gb
gt540
backlit
3 yrs CC
+ bag, mouse and mcafee 15months
@ 68k

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
dude get hold of dell guy and bargain, they will give discount.
1080p is great addition to xps, i didnt compare it side by side with 720p one as 1080p was not avail in many shop at pune. Rest everything depends on you.

same for you mate, get hold of a dell guy and bargain :D
i got nice deal

i7
1080p
750gb
4gb
gt540
backlit
3 yrs CC
+ bag, mouse and mcafee 15months
@ 68k

well thats sounds like a good buy:mrgreen:but i was looking for something under 40k,any recommendations?heres my thread

pratik385

In the zone
Under 40k is very common topic in Laptop thread. You can check over there. Sony is good but lacks sound from speaker. ASUS are vfm you can even get a 2nd gen i5 within 30k, but ive no idea about its reliablity. Dell are also good.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
i m also buying a lappy for ~40k for my Dad
Settled for HCL ME ICON M 1034 B @ <40k
Specs:-

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5 2410M
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
RAM 4GB - DDR3 , 1333MHz
Hard Drive Capacity 750 GB 5400 RPM
USB 3.0 - 1,
USB 2.0 - 2,
VGA Port - 1,
HDMI -1,
Machine Dimensions 380X 262 X 29.1-34.0 mm
Battery Life Li-ion Battery ( 6 cells) Up to 6 Hrs 45 Minutes
Keyboard QWERTY standard full size Chocolate type keys with 86 Keys with separate Numpad
Weight Approx. 2.1 Kg weight without Adaptor
Colour Deep green Color hairline finish
WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Inbuilt Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
Optical Drive Slim DVD Super Multi Drive (SATA) CD-R/RW, DVD±R, DVD±RW
Chipset Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Camera 1.3MP Webcam with one internal mic
Speakers Dolby Advanced Audio
Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Card Reader 3 in 1 Card Reader -SD, MMC, MS
Display 14.0" LED backlit screen with Native Resolution:1366 x 768 & 16:9 aspect ratio

Freebies:-
ME Back Pack
MicrofibreLCD Protector,
EC2 Data Recovery Software preloaded,
McAfee-3 year
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter
2year additional warranty
Philips Sound Bar
RaOne Branded Laptop Skin.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
jus bought the sony vaio VPCEH26EN for my kid bro 33k :) VPCEH26EN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India from the faithful local dealer :D

kaz

right here
i couldnt bring down my c: drive below 245gb . can any one tell me what should i do? i tried through 'cmd' and windows disk management.

i cant play nfs most wanted in full screen even when the display is set to 1200x768..though i don't have any problem in shift-2

i also tried to copy all my files from my pc through ethernet cable(rj45) but m unable to do so despite both are connected at home network. While trying to play on lan it showed me the server created on 1system but it couldn't connect to that server.
even i couldnt share my net connection through this lan connection.

m troubled.. :(

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
i couldnt bring down my c: drive below 245gb . can any one tell me what should i do? i tried through 'cmd' and windows disk management.

Use EASEUS Partition Master thats What I used.

i cant play nfs most wanted in full screen even when the display is set to 1200x768..though i don't have any problem in shift-2
NFSMW doesnt support that much resolution so u will have 2 compromise on that but in video setting max all details it looks good.

i also tried to copy all my files from my pc through ethernet cable(rj45) but m unable to do so despite both are connected at home network. While trying to play on lan it showed me the server created on 1system but it couldn't connect to that server.

U using a crossover cable??

kaz

right here
Use EASEUS Partition Master thats What I used.

NFSMW doesnt support that much resolution so u will have 2 compromise on that but in video setting max all details it looks good.

U using a crossover cable??

easeus partition corrupted my os.. :p
bcoz it was showing 20k files to copy n was copying at 1file per minute so i turned the system off;) bcoz there was no option to cancel..

partition problem solved..
i created 200gb drive n installed the os in that n deleted the previous os.. :p

u know how to get it back in the state dell provided..
i hv 6cds..they provided...gonna use those..
any other way?

yaa crossover cable..
there is an option in 'getting started'
that seems to work for transferring :)

else nothing :(

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
u know how to get it back in the state dell provided..
i hv 6cds..they provided...gonna use those..
any other way?

Nope no other way i can think of but why do u want it in dell state all they give u is crappy backup software and even some more crap like backup software etc though facial recognition is useful.

kaz

right here
Nope no other way i can think of but why do u want it in dell state all they give u is crappy backup software and even some more crap like backup software etc though facial recognition is useful.

true..
also the webcam software.. :)

but the problem is that i cant control the light of my keyboard
the mobility center is now left with half options :(

also the touch sensitive buttons (waves audio and the one unassigned) is not working now..

i just wish that to b fine..
unable to find the waves audio application everywhere.. :(

plz help

rest all is fine :)

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Congo !!!

Heard SONY offer superb display.

yh its pretty good,but when compared to my dell sp2208wfp its kinda ok

m troubled.. :(

Download FREE AOMEI Partition Assistant - Partition Manager for managing disk partition.

get the home edition its free although its only available for 32bit OS:neutral:

kaz

right here
thanks all for helping..

now everything is fine.. :) relief :p

i tried to copy all my files from my pc through ethernet cable(rj45/ crossover) but m unable to do so despite both are connected at home network. While trying to play on lan it showed me the server created on 1system but it couldn't connect to that server.

help me with this
just got few hrs :( to connect it to my home pc n game a bit with my little bro :)

amythpaul

Right off the assembly line
i got an xps15 laptop with config..:

Intel Core i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.3 up to 2.93 GHz
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus
4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4G)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
3D TV Support
JBL 2.1 Speakers
Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit

I like hardcore gaming so i choosed this one. But sumtyms m afraid as it makes an horrible sound while playing games like DiRt3, assasins creed, rage....and so is the amount of heat given out...m afraid coz it so happened with one f my friends laptop...the motherboard worn out as said by the service center..nd dat too in just 4 mnths...bacause f heavy gaming...
coming to the point i wanted to know, is this laptop elligible for such type of gaming??? plz do let me knw...

pratik385

In the zone
i got an xps15 laptop with config..:

Intel Core i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.3 up to 2.93 GHz
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M graphics with Optimus
4GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4G)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
3D TV Support
JBL 2.1 Speakers
Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit

I like hardcore gaming so i choosed this one. But sumtyms m afraid as it makes an horrible sound while playing games like DiRt3, assasins creed, rage....and so is the amount of heat given out...m afraid coz it so happened with one f my friends laptop...the motherboard worn out as said by the service center..nd dat too in just 4 mnths...bacause f heavy gaming...
coming to the point i wanted to know, is this laptop elligible for such type of gaming??? plz do let me knw...

nice config, damages ?
Sorry to tell you that this laptop is not meant for hardcore gaming stuff, as it has entry level gpu. gt525 and gt540 cant handle gaming even in medium setup. I dont know about 720p screen as ive 1080p one and gaming is quite frustrating sometimes. But ive opted for this as i dont play much games, pure entertainment. Movies, TV shows and Text are beautifully shown and sound is incredible. For coders its really great as one can manage alot on screen thanks to 1080p and JBL :))

Mohit mate, compare your and my sig :))

Top Bottom