Dell Streak or HTC incredible S or HTC desire HD

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I have a budget of 25-30k and want to buy a smartphone.. I have considered the flg.. Please give your opinions and help me choosing the best.

1. dell streak- I personally liked it because of the large 5 inch screen but give your reviews on this.

2. HTC incredble S

3. HTC desire HD

If HTC should I choose incrdible s or desire HD?

Please give me info on battery back up also.

Also is symbian anna based nokia e7 or n8 good or should I stick with android?

spacescreamer

Journeyman
1) HTC Incredible S. Without any doubts.

Apart from the loudspeaker .. which isnt too loud and sound cracks a bit when cranked up to higher levels.. the phone is just awesome. I clocked 16 hrs on moderate usage.

2) If not android and you love photography.. then Nokia N8 has to be the obvious choice.

BUT..

You say 30k.. why not wait till June 3 and get yourself the Samsung Galaxy S II ??
it ll give you both of the above mentioned good points.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell streak is old. Dell Venue is much better, even with smaller display. Among these three, I would pick Incredible S. Getting D:HD is utter waste of money as phones like LG Optimus 2X, I:S, Xperia Arc, Xperia Play are much much much much better than this phone.

My suggestion though is to wait for SGSII, which will be launched in India tomorrow (25th May).

spacescreamer

Journeyman
So the launch date is 25th.. good to be updated on that.

Purchasing any other phone other than the S2 seems really odd. Even if it's launched with the Tegra 2 and SLCD.. i think the cam and developer's support should guarantee that the phone is still worthy of a purchase.

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys i have made up my mind to buy the samsung galaxy S II. Looking AT THE FEATURES ITS REALLY AWESOME. How is it priced in india? And generally how is the battery backup of the phone? Of course we cannot expect a lot from a powerful smartfone but at least if it comes for a day its enough for me.

Is it much better than the incredible s?

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE PRICING AND THE BUILD QUALITY OF SAMSUNG. BUILD QUALITY IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys i have made up my mind to buy the samsung galaxy S II. Looking AT THE FEATURES ITS REALLY AWESOME. How is it priced in india? And generally how is the battery backup of the phone? Of course we cannot expect a lot from a powerful smartfone but at least if it comes for a day its enough for me.

Is it much better than the incredible s?

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE PRICING AND THE BUILD QUALITY OF SAMSUNG. BUILD QUALITY IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

On paper, it is much much much better than I:S. Build quality is much better than that of SGS. Though SGS feels plasticky, there are no reports from my friends using it about cracking on fall etc so SGSII will definitely be much better.

on battery backup, none of the droids give 24hrs battery life on heavy use. you do have to charge the phone at end of the day. SGSII will have better battery life compared to current gen phones.

aroraanant

Explorer
if u can wait for SGSII then it would be gr8 and if u want to choose among the 3 listed above then I would suggest u to go for Incredible S

noob

Cyborg Agent
SGSII is ****ed up with Audio Quality in earphones. Check XDA.
Galaxy S is 10x better at audio quality in earphones.

on battery backup, none of the droids give 24hrs battery life on heavy use. you do have to charge the phone at end of the day. SGSII will have better battery life compared to current gen phones.

Ever used 2.3.3 ?
I get full 2 days of battery life on heavy use. 10% to spare at late evening.

andro

Broken In
Ever used 2.3.3 ?
I get full 2 days of battery life on heavy use. 10% to spare at late evening.

^^^Two days battery life on android.:shock:
Better start using your phone. :p

EDIT:I am using 2.3.4 on my Desire and 2.3 on the S.

Last edited:
Top Bottom