Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

vaderboy

Right off the assembly line
hello guys..i am confused between inspiron 15r 1366 res version and full hd 1080p version..my main concern is whether i will be able to read text in such small display with full hd..i havent seen a 15.6 full hd display before and i have heard about the small text problems..obviously 7730m cant handle games at 1080 so that leaves full hd for browsing, desktop and movies..also if i reduce the resolution to 1366 from 1080 while playing games, will it look bad?..my friend said that if u reduce resolution on full hd display to 1366 than it looks bad as compared to native 1366 res screen..i dont want to regret after buying..so is it really worth the extra 4k for 1080p ?? please help..

nandu26

In the zone
hello guys..i am confused between inspiron 15r 1366 res version and full hd 1080p version..my main concern is whether i will be able to read text in such small display with full hd..i havent seen a 15.6 full hd display before and i have heard about the small text problems..obviously 7730m cant handle games at 1080 so that leaves full hd for browsing, desktop and movies..also if i reduce the resolution to 1366 from 1080 while playing games, will it look bad?..my friend said that if u reduce resolution on full hd display to 1366 than it looks bad as compared to native 1366 res screen..i dont want to regret after buying..so is it really worth the extra 4k for 1080p ?? please help..

Hi - I also have same questions.

dayslleepper

Broken In
@Ratul or any one who did a clean install, I had installed windows 7 with 4 new partition using Easeus Partition manager every thing is success. But i gt confused in one thing, abt driver Do i have to install all the drivers which it came with a cd ... If not from where i have to install the drivers..? Plz answer ASAP...

And @Saransh, I ordered one anti glare one and gt it 2 days before but never tried it... anyways will try it out in 2-3 days...size and everything is perfect from Laptop Originals...

admn_head

Broken In
Hey guys, does your external HDD work in all four USB ports???
I noticed that when i connect my WD 1TB to right side usb ports, it gets automatically disconnected while writing data, though it works fine on left side usb ports.. (the problem might be that right side usb ports don't have enough power supply to drive the hdd..)

@admn_head, do post your experience as you too got the same hdd..

mine works perfectly good on all 4 usb ports.. and fyi, all usb ports are 3.0 ..

i am using beta11 since they were launched (3rd dec) and not having any problems, and don't update using the windows update, i turned off the notifications about it, as windows update might give you the update for the latest stable driver (12.10) rather than beta drivers, as beta are not final drivers..
So if you have 12.11beta installed and run windows update, it's gonna screw up..
I am not having any problems with beta11 drivers, they are stable for me and not conflicting..

haha, that's a very old bug in GPU-Z, i am testing it since july and it never showed me any clocks there, heck before 0.6.5, clocks shown used to be negative, atleast after they fixed it.. :p
Use HWInfo64, that's the only one i found to show some correct info about the GPU...
and ico is right, don't use furmark, i always use 3DMark 11 or any heavy game to test the stability...

i have just disabled windows update at all.. i have experience with windows xp that updates just make the system worse... instead when u feel like more updates have taken place get latest iso n reinstall system if u want updates... don't know wid windows 7 or 8 but i don't like windows updates as it made xp worse n never updated system wid dat updates.. m happy wid how my system runs.. don't wanna ruin it wid stupid windows updates and fixes .. lol ...

btw, my 7730 version is 8.982.0.0 ... so by updating to new beta drivers should i expect some better results compared to present drivers??

@ratul can u say steps? like which ones to remove n which to be installed first and 2nd? does driver updates also deal with removing of catalyst center or its just driver update?

Last edited:

santoshk87

Broken In
My laptop is not even a week old and I see wear levels. SAD.. My laptop is always on charge whether I play games or watch movies. Still battery wear level. why ??

See Untitled.png

Last edited:

dayslleepper

Broken In
Guys Plz check my 3D Mark11 Scores after a clean install of win + Drivers...3D Mark 11 Score

Did everything seems to correct, right.. or am i in a wrong way ?

And i didnt overclock my GPU.. Do i have to or not...If so i will follow Ratul's guide in facebook..Is it gud engh?

vaderboy

Right off the assembly line
How to make partitions without formatting ? i only see one 900 gb drive in 15r. is txaa supported in 7730m ??

dayslleepper

Broken In
Guys i am getting crazy... I tried to play farcry1, and i clicked AUTO DETECT for video option it shows me low and when i try to play with high config i got a crappy and blured screen...And my xbox controller is not detecting ( as i didnt seen any option for gamepad).. :( Plz help ASAP

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
my local dealer is saying he has got inspiron turbo with i5 for 42k. doesn't come with win 8 though. ubuntu pre-installed. i hope he is confused with names.

dayslleepper

Broken In
Guys i am getting crazy... I tried to play farcry1, and i clicked AUTO DETECT for video option it shows me low and when i try to play with high config i got a crappy and blured screen...And my xbox controller is not detecting ( as i didnt seen any option for gamepad).. :( Plz help ASAP

I manage to use my xbox controller for farcry.. but the probz with graphics still continues plz help...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My laptop is not even a week old and I see wear levels. SAD.. My laptop is always on charge whether I play games or watch movies. Still battery wear level. why ??

See View attachment 8058
Don't be worried about battery wear level.

Just use the laptop. :) These software aren't very accurate about reporting these things and they never report the 'true' reading. A full discharge and recharge, wear level will reduce. well, at least the software will report so.

ratul

█████████████████
someone plz help how do i overclock my graphic card via msi afterburner
inspiron 15r se 7520

follow the guide on first page..

@Ratul or any one who did a clean install, I had installed windows 7 with 4 new partition using Easeus Partition manager every thing is success. But i gt confused in one thing, abt driver Do i have to install all the drivers which it came with a cd ... If not from where i have to install the drivers..? Plz answer ASAP...

And @Saransh, I ordered one anti glare one and gt it 2 days before but never tried it... anyways will try it out in 2-3 days...size and everything is perfect from Laptop Originals...

download from dell's website here: *www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/indhs1/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520

Yes its FHD

My cores temperature goes up to max of 74 degrees celsius while playing CS: GO. So is it ok or I need a cooling pad ?

temps are fine, and about the wear level, i had 2% wear level the day i received it, so it's kinda "normal" for dell.. :oops:

mine works perfectly good on all 4 usb ports.. and fyi, all usb ports are 3.0 ..

i have just disabled windows update at all.. i have experience with windows xp that updates just make the system worse... instead when u feel like more updates have taken place get latest iso n reinstall system if u want updates... don't know wid windows 7 or 8 but i don't like windows 8 n never update system wid dat.. m happy wid how my system runs.. don't wanna ruin it wid stupid windows updates and fixes .. lol ...

btw, my 7730 version is 8.982.0.0 ... so by updating to new beta drivers should i expect some better results compared to present drivers??

@ratul can u say steps? like which ones to remove n which to be installed first and 2nd? does driver updates also deal with removing of catalyst center or its just driver update?

i too hate windows update, but after entering into pentesting, i have realized that it's a must to update the windows, else you are at a very great risk, windows iso's are released in a year or two, in the name of service packs, which too is speculated to end with windows 8, so either update day to day, or wait forever for those iso's..
Without windows update, you know that even XP SP3 (latest iso) can be hacked in few seconds, but fully updated xp would make a hacker go berserk.. :p
And windows 8 is relatively new, not updating it can introduce some serious bugs and incompatibilities, so i would suggest the settings that i prefer, to notify me when updates are available, so that i can choose which updates to install and which not..

About the drivers, yes beta will give you better performance, first remove amd drivers from catalyst install manager, then from add/remove programs, then run driver sweeper..
Then firstly install latest intel drivers if you have'nt, after that install the latest betas..

Guys Plz check my 3D Mark11 Scores after a clean install of win + Drivers...3D Mark 11 Score

Did everything seems to correct, right.. or am i in a wrong way ?

And i didnt overclock my GPU.. Do i have to or not...If so i will follow Ratul's guide in facebook..Is it gud engh?

the scores seem to be ok without overclock, and the guide is safe and tested, you can follow that..

I manage to use my xbox controller for farcry.. but the probz with graphics still continues plz help...

have'nt tried far cry 1, currently playing far cry 3.. :p
try running it on power saving mode, i think far cry 1 can be handled by HD4000..

Top Bottom