Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

josin

In the zone
ratul;1707300]experienced gr8 dell service... :cool:
was having problem ejecting the dvd drive (had to press the button very hard), so called dell on monday, and the yesterday recieved the part, and today, technician came and replaced it, now the button is working fine..:mrgreen: They were sending the technician yesterday only, but i only told them for today..:p
gr8 service under 24hrs.. Satisfied.. :razz:

gr8 to know that dell is giving such quality service....i have never owned a dell before, but had HP, Acer and Sony, for all of them i had to find out the service dealership and had to wait for at least 2 to 3 weeks to get back my laptop. I am now at peace:-D

Anirban Dev

Broken In
A question for the experts on the matter :
As a gamer, is there any real downside to picking the 4GB i7 version of 15r SE over the 8GB one? As in, are there games out there whose performance will be hampered by not having the extra RAM(I have heard MP3 might be one of them)

far

Keep Going!
As a gamer, is there any real downside to picking the 4GB i7 version of 15r SE over the 8GB one? As in, are there games out there whose performance will be hampered by not having the extra RAM(I have heard MP3 might be one of them)

yes on few games.
but you can buy a 4GB extra from outside which will be cheaper rather than ordering from Dell..

raj_55555

Journeyman
I'll say go for the 8GB RAM.

Guys, finally I got the lappy. The delay was because it was detained at the airport for wrong documentation by Dell. I had to run again to the sales tax office and was asked to pay 3k again. Finally I settled for Rs. 50 :p

Anyways, the battery indicator doesn't seem to light up in my lappy when plugged in. What should I do?

____EDIT____
My 3-D mark score is 9830, but strangely it says "9830 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i5-3210M Processor"??? Isn't it supposed to be HD7730?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
experienced gr8 dell service... :cool:
was having problem ejecting the dvd drive (had to press the button very hard), so called dell on monday, and the yesterday recieved the part, and today, technician came and replaced it, now the button is working fine..:mrgreen: They were sending the technician yesterday only, but i only told them for today..:p
gr8 service under 24hrs.. Satisfied.. :razz:

here are the temps girish for 1.30hrs of gameplay of run on ultra settings with HWmonitor running the whole time in an ac room..

where's your GPU temp?

Anirban Dev

Broken In
Another question for people already using the SEs. Is the graphics switching system smooth? Any specific games,application for which it isnt working? And what is the latest, greatest driver that should be used for the 7730?

ratul

█████████████████
where's your GPU temp?

don't know why it did'nt came??? :|

Another question for people already using the SEs. Is the graphics switching system smooth? Any specific games,application for which it isnt working? And what is the latest, greatest driver that should be used for the 7730?

your question might be the answer for dan4u..
As i think that AMD's Enduro is not quite working well with NFS Run, the game sometimes starts to lag for 4-5 secs. in b/w anytime, and then smoothens up again, i think that during that lag, HD 4000 comes into play, slowing my experience..
The driver i am using is with 12.7beta catalyst..

I'll say go for the 8GB RAM.

Guys, finally I got the lappy. The delay was because it was detained at the airport for wrong documentation by Dell. I had to run again to the sales tax office and was asked to pay 3k again. Finally I settled for Rs. 50 :p

Anyways, the battery indicator doesn't seem to light up in my lappy when plugged in. What should I do?

____EDIT____
My 3-D mark score is 9830, but strangely it says "9830 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i5-3210M Processor"??? Isn't it supposed to be HD7730?

congrats, finally your long wait is over.. :D
And 3D marks also detects my gpu as 7750m, i think they had'nt updated their database.. :p

Last edited:

raj_55555

Journeyman
Here are some images of my laptop

I have almost completed Alan wake. Played 12 hours straight, in episode 4 now. It runs at:
Avg: 16.800 - Min: 14 - Max: 22 fps at highest settings,
Avg: 19.850 - Min: 12 - Max: 25 fps at Medium settings and
Avg: 38.667 - Min: 11 - Max: 60 at Low settings.

Skyrim give:
Avg: 32.767 - Min: 23 - Max: 42 at Medium settings.

These results are with fraps in the background, and without the latest drivers. The fps count with the updated drivers will be out soon.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
17R would be really heavy for everyday use. Earlier i used to think that 4Kgs is nothing but carrying 15R SE with a few notebooks in the bag is tiring enough :p

sam142000

Journeyman
Got my 15R SE today!! Finally!! Installing some Games and softwares now. Will upload benchmarks and pics tomorrow!!

@antisocial- ya 15r se is pretty heavy!!

raj_55555

Journeyman
Ok guys, didn't get too much time today. So don't think I can benchmark stuffs, I'll still post a 3D mark score after the driver update on sunday. Nobody seems too bothered by the scores anyway, let me know if you want me to do some specific tests.

sam142000

Journeyman
In my inspiron 15r configuration same as yours max payne is showing 512mb of graphics. I changed in switchable graphics to "high performance" sitll its showing 512 mb. plz help

I'm having the same problem.
Also, in GTA4 the frame rate suddenly drop and rise again!!
I switched both of their graphics to high performance in the GPU settings.

franco

Right off the assembly line
guys plzzzz help... I got 15r se i7 model on 17th july..
I played run on it.. bt its lagging a lot.. I have set run on hi performance from switchable graphics but still problem continues... please tell me if there is any other setting to change.. my frnds 2nd gen i7 xps 15 givin better performance than 3rd gen i7 :-(

ratul

█████████████████
wow, it's been so quite here for sometime now..
either everyone is now enjoying their lappies or are at samsung's thread... :p

Ok guys, didn't get too much time today. So don't think I can benchmark stuffs, I'll still post a 3D mark score after the driver update on sunday. Nobody seems too bothered by the scores anyway, let me know if you want me to do some specific tests.

yes, do post the 3dmark06 scores after updating the drivers...

Top Bottom