Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
well, even i am surprised that it's end of october and still no news from any other manufacturer to launch new lappies, this is the time for it.. :-?

Most of them are waiting for Windows 8, all of them will release models only after release of W8, and probably the models will be more focused on the touch features that W8 provides and less on other components (read gfx card). the only manufacturer I'm looking forward to is HP, their build quality is second to none, and if they get the components right everyone will be behind them.

sam142000

Journeyman
So!!!!
Since Win8 is launched today, how many of you are actually 'permanently' upgrading your OS??
Given that we have an option to upgrade for free!!

ratul

█████████████████
So!!!!
Since Win8 is launched today, how many of you are actually 'permanently' upgrading your OS??
Given that we have an option to upgrade for free!!

nah, worst OS in my opinion, have been trying it since developer preview (last december), still not impressed, there's not even a single good reason to upgrade it from 7, except if you have a touchscreen lappy...
will wait for WIN9, as they say:
WIN 3.x : GOOD
WIN 95 : FAIL
WIN 98 : GOOD
WIN ME : FAIL
WIN XP : GOOD
WIN VISTA: FAIL
WIN 7 : GOOD
WIN 8 : ????
WIN 9 : ????.... :mrgreen::p

nick191

Journeyman
Dell Laptop with Window 8 is now available on Dell Website !

Dell Inspiron Laptops - Notebook Computers | Dell India

ratul

█████████████████
what is the difference between windows 8 and windows 8 pro n is it better to buy a win 7 laptop n upgrade it later as it will cost me less.. :)

win 8 vs win 8 pro = win7hp vs win7 ultimate..

Microsoft this time announced that to make users comfortable with their choice, they have cut down the weird editioning of windows acc to the features, like Win7 was versioned as starter, HB, HP, Pro, Enterprise, Ultimate. making it difficult for user to choose from, now they have just win8, win8 pro, win 8 enterprise and win 8 rt..
Win8= win7HP, for home users.
Win8Pro=Win7Ultimate, for everyone else.
Win8 RT= for lower end tablets, devices, a downgraded version of win8..
Win8 Enterprise=win7 enterprise. (more info here)..
and how will it cost you less??? Win 8 upgrade from win7 costs rs.699, and they are charging you just rs.500..
and i think DELL now not providing win7, only win8.. :(
so it's upto you which to choose..

nick191

Journeyman

Microsoft this time announced that to make users comfortable with their choice, they have cut down the weird editioning of windows acc to the features, like Win7 was versioned as starter, HB, HP, Pro, Enterprise, Ultimate. making it difficult for user to choose from, now they have just win8, win8 pro, win 8 enterprise and win 8 rt..
and how will it cost you less??? Win 8 upgrade from win7 costs rs.699, and they are charging you just rs.500..

Nope they are providing both Win 7 and Win 8 also as your wish !

saaransh9

Journeyman

no they are providing both n its written windows 8 english only n there is a option in customize to add 2k or something to get an upgraded version but again win 8 pro is not written anywhere.so the problem lies here is it win8 pro with only english as language n if i buy win7 laptop then i can upgrade it to win8 pro as the offer is as given by microsoft.

ratul

█████████████████
no they are providing both n its written windows 8 english only n there is a option in customize to add 2k or something to get an upgraded version but again win 8 pro is not written anywhere.so the problem lies here is it win8 pro with only english as language n if i buy win7 laptop then i can upgrade it to win8 pro as the offer is as given by microsoft.

oops, sorry my bad, saw just the Win8 version, yup both are provided..
And i think they ain't providing win8pro, as it's only win8 with single language only, and win8 with english.. :-? what sense does it make to charge 2k extra for win8 english???? :oops::-?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
nah, worst OS in my opinion, have been trying it since developer preview (last december), still not impressed, there's not even a single good reason to upgrade it from 7, except if you have a touchscreen lappy...
will wait for WIN9, as they say:
WIN 3.x : GOOD
WIN 95 : FAIL
WIN 98 : GOOD
WIN ME : FAIL
WIN XP : GOOD
WIN VISTA: FAIL
WIN 7 : GOOD
WIN 8 : ????
WIN 9 : ????.... :mrgreen::p
Windows 95 was/is actually the biggest Windows success ever. Windows 98 on the other hand was fail until Second Edition came out.

ratul

█████████████████
Windows 95 was/is actually the biggest Windows success ever. Windows 98 on the other hand was fail until Second Edition came out.

lol u ruined d joke dude.. :p
btw, dis info is taken from facebook only, so it was just to lighten the mood here.. :mrgreen::wink:

Top Bottom