Dell IN2020M goes power off.

Kiss

Journeyman
HI Experts,

I have a Dell IN2020M monitor purchased almost 3 years ago. I have been facing a strange problem off late.

The problem is as follows:
The monitor works fine when I boot my system, However after 30 mins or so (sometimes even before that or sometimes it takes hours for the issue to come up) it goes off. I mean the white power light is gone and it seems the monitor is not taking any power. To bring it up again I need to switch off the power connection to my monitor for about 10-15sec and then turn it back on, the monitor starts normally after this step. Then again the same thing keeps happening every 5- 10 mins and I got to repeat the power off - on step to bring my monitor back to life.

My monitor used to work fine till this point. However I am not sure if my certain hardware changes are causing this issue or the monitor it self is faulty. I say this because my friends monitor works perfectly fine at my place and mine works fine at his place. Hence I am not sure if there is some compatibility issues of the monitor with my motherboard or graphic card as I have recently upgraded them.

The new upgrades to my system are these:
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX from Asus P8P67-m
Graphic Card: Sapphire HD-7770OC from Sapphire HD-6770

Please let me know a solution for this as its very frustrating and tiring to work this way. *en.community.dell.com/emoticons/emotion-42.gif :cry:
Thanks.

OP
Kiss

Kiss

Journeyman
try with another VGA/DVI cable.

I have tried all of this.

The things I have tried are:
  • Tried a different VGA Cable
  • Tried a different DVI Cable
  • Swapped power supply cord with my PSU cord.
  • Taken my Graphic card out and tried connecting my monitor with my on board VGA slot.

I have kept my monitor ON , on standby mode for a couple of days and haven't noticed it going off..

I have tried all of this.

The things I have tried are:
  • Tried a different VGA Cable
  • Tried a different DVI Cable
  • Swapped power supply cord with my PSU cord.
  • Taken my Graphic card out and tried connecting my monitor with my on board VGA slot.

I have kept my monitor ON , on standby mode for a couple of days and haven't noticed it going off..

Did it turn off even with that? Also, when you use the monitor at your friend's home, do you use hip power adapter or your own?

OP
Kiss

Kiss

Journeyman
Did it turn off even with that? Also, when you use the monitor at your friend's home, do you use hip power adapter or your own?

It does turn off even after swapping and doing all those things. I had taken my power supply cord at my friends place it works absolutely fine at his place.

Connect Using a surge protector and check if your GPU contacts are working properly or not.All of them.

Wht do you mean by GPU contacts?

P.S: A different monitor with my cable works fine with my system.

There might be problem with your GPU. Did you check it?

If there would have been a problem with my GPU, the other monitor wouldn't have worked or would have given the same problems.. however that was not the case.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this seems to be a weird issue.if your friend's monitor works with your pc, then there is nothing wrong with your pc. if you monitor works good with your friend's pc, then there is nothing wrong with your monitor :confused: move you pc to another room just for checking.
do you use a ups?

OP
Kiss

Kiss

Journeyman
this seems to be a weird issue.if your friend's monitor works with your pc, then there is nothing wrong with your pc. if you monitor works good with your friend's pc, then there is nothing wrong with your monitor :confused: move you pc to another room just for checking.
do you use a ups?

No I don't use an UPS.. Its really Weird.. and hence I am unable to come to a conclusion wht to do next.... :-?

Top Bottom