sukant

Fragholic
The config is as follows.

CPU:- Intel Core I5 2500k
Mobo:-Intel DH67-BL
Ram:- Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4gb
GPU:- Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950 2gb Dirt3 edition
Power Supply:- Seasonic S12II 620 watts
Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet or Nzxt gamma .(have heard Cooler master elite 311 is better)

Please suggest if any changes are to be done to this config .

Will be ordering tommorow itself so any quick suggestions are welcome

The RIG is for for my friend.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hey ! Do you want to overclock ? if yes then change the motherboard to a p67/z68 chipset as the motherboard you have mentioned is h67 which is incapable of overclockiong whereas the processor mentioned is i5 2500k which is factory unlocked and can be overclocked easily, always look for k on a processor(sandy bridge) name to know if it is overclockable.
If you dont want to overclock get a i5 2400 and you can keep the motherboard (intel DH67-BL)

Everything else is fine , as for the cabinet I think it is a personal choice as to what you want for the looks and how cool you prefer it to be.
Personally I would go for Gamma

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^i agree.if you want to overclock then change the mobo to p67 chipset mobo,which may cost you around 7-8k.so you have to increase your budget.if you don't want to overclock then go with i5 2400 and keep that mobo.my suggestion is t increase your budget by 3-4k and go with i5 2500k and p67 mobo.for cabby go with gamma,it has better cable management when compared to 310.

Sarath

iDota
The mobo doesn't support the RAM of your choice to run at 1600mhz. Also a k series processor on a H67 is like a wrong match.

its either:
i5 2500 with H67
or
i5 2500k with P67, Z68

Why pay 1000 more for a k series processor when your are not taking advantage of the "k" (overclocking) part.

Rest are good.

Get the mobo-proc-RAM combination right

OP
S

sukant

Fragholic
Yeah thats a valid point no reason in going for a k , he isnt going to overclock anyways , so in that respect can you suggest me a motherboard which supports 1600 mhz and has 4 ram slots. He will end up saving quiet a few bucks which he can invest on a better cabinet maybe.

sukesh1090

Adam young
buddy the problem for 1600MHz ram is not the mobo its the processor which supports up to 1333MHz.so buy a 1333MHz RAM and overclock it a bit.go with that intel dh67 mobo.it is a good mobo.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Only Z68 and P67 series support ram speed higher than 1333 MHz but there is no point of getting them with non K series processor just for higher speed ram support. The performance between 1333 MHz and 1600 MHz is very low in real life.

Sarath

iDota
If OP can provide the budget and the usage scenarios then it would help us better advise you in the choices of your components.

OP
S

sukant

Fragholic
Hi thanks for your suggestions helped hi save a few bucks .
These were the choice of components.
1.CM 311 Cabinet
2.Seasonic S1II 620 Watts
3.Core i5 2500 + Intel DH67-BHL(Reason went for this motherboard as getting service in my hometown goa should be easier than other brands)
4. 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz corsair value select (based on your opinion as you said 1600 mhz wont be working at full clock)
5.Amd radeon Sapphire 6950 2gb Dirt3 edition.

Really thanks for your suggestions . Yea budget was around 40k but he will never (read as never ever :)) get into overclocking so decided better to save a few bucks as he has to buy a monitor as well.

OP
S

sukant

Fragholic
@sukesh and sarath: Thanks guys. I have a nzxt gamma as well :) this is for my friend. , but than i read few reviews it said CM 311 can accomodate larger cards upto 11 inch , my gtx 560ti is cramped up in my cabinet so i though why not go for this cabinet and give it a try :).

Top Bottom