Dayanidhi Maran resigns from Union Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Communication Minister Dayanidhi Maran has resigned from the Union Cabinet in the wake of a showcause notice issued against him by the DMK.

After a crucial meeting of the ruling DMK in Tamil Nadu, the party had decided to issue the cause notice to Maran on Sunday.

Maran, who is seen shoulder to shoulder with Chief Minister M Karunanidhi in every occasion, had not attended the formal function to celebrate 50 years of Karunanidhi as MLA.

He had also been issued a show casue notice to explain why he should not be expelled from the primary membership of the party.

Earlier, Maran told NDTV that he will abide by whatever decision the party takes. He is currently vacationing in Ooty.

Karunanidhi had been authorised to take step to secure Maran's resignation. It was decided in the meeting that the DMK will write to the Centre asking Maran to be dropped from the Cabinet.

A close confidante of the CM is likely to come to Delhi on Monday.

Karunanidhi chaired the party meeting in Chennai, which discussed the family crisis that's hit the DMK.

Trouble began for the party when some supporters of MK Azhagiri, Karunanidhi's elder son, set fire to a newspaper building owned by the Maran family.

The supporters were provoked over a report in Dinakaran, owned by the Maran family, which said that Azhagiri was favoured only by two per cent of the population as a successor to Chief Minister Karunanidhi.

Source:*www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20070011899

P.S. He brought the 2mbps broadband revolution so it's sad, but ul 900 users can atleast hope for a better future :)

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Man, he was one of the few good and public oriented ministers. He worked a lot to make things better for the common man.

wish he is brought back.

sivarap

In the zone
I am very disappointed. He was one guy who wore pant and a shirt to teh assembly....not a white dhothi :)

Edburg

In the zone
yeah though he has screwed many plans,yet he tried to improve the things such as one india plan,intriducin BSNL broadband,then 2 mbps,asking many companies such as nokia,bmw,etc to invest in india

i feel sorry for him as he was one of the rare educated in politics.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Now no hope of getting faster unlimited and cheaper broadband..
He really changed the face of broadband...
One of the few ministers who really worked..

kumarmohit

Technomancer
sivarap said:
I am very disappointed. He was one guy who wore pant and a shirt to teh assembly....not a white dhothi :)

What's wrong with wearing dhoti. Its Indian attire and they are going to Indian Parliament not the Congress of USA where members wear 3piece suits, which is the US attire;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ for some a 3 piece signifies 'new gen' ;)
and as far maran is concerned well 26 months in office bsnl profits increased by 27% amazing for any business man also

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
It was all b'coz of political feud that claimed life of Journalists in Madurai....
These media also have to understand the sensitivity of publishing some non-sense in the name of public opinion.....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Digit_Dragon said:
It was all b'coz of political feud that claimed life of Journalists in Madurai....
These media also have to understand the sensitivity of publishing some non-sense in the name of public opinion.....
well the problem is that the paper that published it belongs to the maran family ;)

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
So.....it is owned by his brother accepted, but what he has to do with it.....he is not directly responsible for that.

This is all b'coz of the journo's and what he would do for that, what is published as public opinion......everyone has freedom in this democratic country......

Now ...to hide the real facts that has happened in Madurai...DMK govt. has slowly diverted the attention of the public.....What action have they taken against the persons involved in the attack....nothing the chapter will be closed slowly.....and everyone will forget what had happened as time goes.

This is a clear game of politics........:x

nishanth_che

Broken In
He has been made a scapegoat and I feel really sorry for him :-(

Its only because of him that I have now have a 256kbps unlimited connection,earlier my ISP was providing a so called "Broadband connection" with 128kbps unlimited downloads for Rs 900 +.After Mr Dayanidhi defined broadband as a connection with a minimum speed of 256kbps,my ISP increased my speed to 256kbps.I heard that he had plans to increase the minimum speed for a broadband connection to 512kbps but now I wonder if it will happen anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom