Date and time resets after restarting

anoopjb

search engine..
My 5 year old IBM Thinkpad R31 works like a charm even now. :doublethumb:

but recently whenever I restarts it on battery power, the date and time resets along with some other settings.. So windows wont load unless i sets date nd time in bios..

This doesn't happen when plugged into ac.

Is this cmos battery problem??:confused:
geeks plz help...

Gollum

Collector
Change the RTC/cmos battery. If you are comfortable with it, there are a couple of guides available on the internet which will help you open up the laptop. Otherwise you can always take it to a computer repair/ service center where the job would be performed by a professional serviceman.

OP
anoopjb

anoopjb

search engine..
Change the RTC/cmos battery. If you are comfortable with it, there are a couple of guides available on the internet which will help you open up the laptop. Otherwise you can always take it to a computer repair/ service center where the job would be performed by a professional serviceman.

how to buy a cmos battery.. Is there any unique specification for each laptop?? like number of pins etc??

how to buy a cmos battery.. Is there any unique specification for each laptop?? like number of pins etc??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

CMOS battery has no pins...u just have to check the brand & model no of your CMOS battery if u want to buy original CMOS battery...otherwise local brands will also do the job

Gollum

Collector
generally in a laptop, the battery is embedded. so you will not be able to remove it. but i'm not sure about the model.

Top Bottom