Customise Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Hi guys,
In my computer for the Windows folder it has taken the type to be "Picture Folder".. So when i open this folder in my left panel i get Picture tasks.. I cant change it, as the customize option is not present in the properties of this folder. The same prob for one of my drives. It shows music tasks when i am in the root of this drive though there is not even a single music folder.. How to change this ??

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
TweakUI from *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Use the repair option and repair all folders. I know thats not your problem, but if you repair it this way the it might get solved.

OP
Beta Waves

Beta Waves

Journeyman
TweakUI from *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Use the repair option and repair all folders. I know thats not your problem, but if you repair it this way the it might get solved.

No dude .... it din work :x

Hey, the problem is solved... I just changed the folder type of a folder to "Documents(Any file Type)" .. then opened it ..Now went to the folder options and clicked on "Apply to all folders" under "view" tab ...thats it ... Now in my Windows folder left panel i get the default "System Tasks" ... Only thing is even my Music folders and Picture folders are also set to the same type. Anyway its easy to change coz i have all my music in one folder ... well thank you for the reply ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom