Crysis 2 not running

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i start crysis 2, the game loads smoothly. When i click resume game , the game starts loading but after the load is complete, the screen is hanged as shown in picture :
*a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/253729_235367499814103_100000225638358_1115890_822221_n.jpg

I run the game @ 1024x768 resolution in low settings(gamer) & vsync turned off.

My PC config is given in my sign

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Ya 160W PSU, see its pic :
*a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/264199_235397426477777_100000225638358_1116111_456207_n.jpg

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
hmm, change the PSU before your computer starts to smell funny.

It's instability you're seeing, hence the hang.

Grab an FSP Saga II 350W @ 1.5k

Should do your rig justice.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I've completed crysis 2's 5 missions in my PC. Earlier if the game hangs , then if i close it and restart it again then it worked fine. Now i've even tried restarting game 4-5 times but it still doesn't work.

Ya i'm planning to buy a FSP Saga II 400W.

Crysis 2 run's fine on my friends PCs. One of then have Nvidia 9500GT 1GB(with Intel Core 2 Quad 2.6GHz) DDR3 & other one have a Nvidia G310 512MB(with Core i3 2.93GHz). Both of them have 4GB RAM. Is it due to an AMD card ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Don't be silly. Your card is way better than what your friends have. Just the PSU can't handle the heat by the game. So better safe than sorry, change it and it might work.

comp@ddict

It's not the AMD card, as furious guy says, the PSU is the problem.

Better change it quick, cuz it's "better safe than sorry" as _gamer says

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Then why was i able to play 1st 5 missions without problems. Moreover i started the 6th mission smoothly but once i was killed then after that i was unable to resume

comp@ddict

^^ I don't have a plausible explanation, but maybe after 5 missions your PSU ran out of all the juice it had.

Satisfactory?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
heh, HD 5670 is much much faster than your friends' cards.

Whether your game copy is ahem and corrupted or your PSU is insufficient, I guess you know the answer.

Anyways, try AMD Catalyst 11.6 from here: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software - Download the latest drivers for your graphics products

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then why was i able to play 1st 5 missions without problems. Moreover i started the 6th mission smoothly but once i was killed then after that i was unable to resume

That is weird and may be as comp@ddict said, PSU gets overloaded after a certain time and that is why you are facing the issue... !!!

Whatever it is, changing the PSU will not only fix the issue will also save your system from severe damage.

Try update drivers as ico mentioned.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Faun
Do you really think that'll be the problem?

@OP
Try update the drivers and install patch if any. And see if that helps.

Finally, JUST CHANGE YOUR PSU. Or else you'll regret later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom