Creative ZEN Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I got mine this Sunday, 4GB one, thru KMD at TE for 3,350/- and this is what I found about the player.

1. Drivers may get installed but won't get detected by Vista 64-bit, 32-bit
  2. Won't get detected in Linux(Ubuntu 32-bit, Open SUSE 64-bit)
  3. Gets detected initially but won't work with XP 64-bit
  4. Works only with XP 32-bit BUT Flawlessly!
  5. Memory Card supports only importing of Images, no Audio files no video files.
  6. As long as the card is in the slot, you can access and play audio files only, not the video files.
Overall, a good VFM PMP, decent screen but glossy surface prone to scratches and fingerprints. Audio output is good but Bass not strong enough(using EP-630). In case of videos, even the ones with bad audio now sound good using Creative's File Converter. If u aim to watch a movie on it, rather skip it as the screen out put is bit grainy and image feels interlaced, a lot so long viewing ain't all that pleasurable.
The proprietary conversion software recognises only handful run-of-the-mill video formats for conversion, no support for .mkv files. Player is said to support DivX and Xvid but converts and runs mainly .wmv files only.
More inputs will come along as I use it further. :cool:

arunks

Hey here is the aks
I got mine this Sunday, 4GB one, thru KMD at TE for 3,350/- and this is what I found about the player.

1. Drivers may get installed but won't get detected by Vista 64-bit, 32-bit
  2. Won't get detected in Linux(Ubuntu 32-bit, Open SUSE 64-bit)
  3. Gets detected initially but won't work with XP 64-bit
  4. Works only with XP 32-bit BUT Flawlessly!
  5. Memory Card supports only importing of Images, no Audio files no video files.
  6. As long as the card is in the slot, you can access and play audio files only, not the video files.
Overall, a good VFM PMP, decent screen but glossy surface prone to scratches and fingerprints. Audio output is good but Bass not strong enough(using EP-630). In case of videos, even the ones with bad audio now sound good using Creative's File Converter. If u aim to watch a movie on it, rather skip it as the screen out put is bit grainy and image feels interlaced, a lot so long viewing ain't all that pleasurable.
The proprietary conversion software recognises only handful run-of-the-mill video formats for conversion, no support for .mkv files. Player is said to support DivX and Xvid but converts and runs mainly .wmv files only.
More inputs will come along as I use it further. :cool:

what is thru KMD at TE ? ?? ........ why is that so cheap...?
Can we not play video files from the card??????
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I have ordered it online , lets see when i get my hands on it , :grin:

How to order online??? r u from india??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom