cpu usage n restart problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

Broken In
i am having the problems which many of the users have ie of high cpu usage and comp is not restarting.
i have scanned my computer for viruses. thr arent ne.
whenever i open windows explorer the cpu usage shoots upto 100% showing explorer using ~99% and it remains so thereafter. also sometimes it (explorer) shoots upto 50% and remains like that. what may b the prob.
also my computer is not restarting when i choose start>turnoff computer>restart. it hangs at "computer is shutting down".

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I recommend you to go to your BIOS and Under Advanced Tab-> Hardware Monitoring, check the Processor Temperature.
Nominal Temperature Fluctuation should be between 55-60 C.
If its more than this then I would recommend you to change your thermal interface paste on the processor

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
it is arnd 55-60 C. i think its the problem with windows as my ubuntu is running on the comp as smooth as ever.

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
i m using xp. but i hv scanned my comp several times using bitdefender 2008 fully updated.
and ne idea abt the restart issue

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i argee, it's not a temperature issue, looks like a viral infection! use online scanners(they are fee and no installation in required)
*security.symantec.com
*kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
*us.trendmicro.com

there are plenty more out there..

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
@ utsav. actually i was hving nod32 sum times back. but came across this link *anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
then went for bitdefender.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i again strongly suggest, try different antivirus. i have used norton 2001,2004,2008, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and i can surely say that no single antivirus was fullproof. we cannot have more than one installed, but when we're sure we have an infection, we can try many of those.

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
checked with nod32 too. there are 3 virus on my comp as shown by bitdefender n nod32 but none of them cud clean or even remove them. the are in the system volume information which i m also not able to get even after knowing the full path name.

dsuresh

Broken In
some troble in ur OS ... just reinstall the XP ...

cannot restore the error or high usage in processer ...

backup ur files and format OS partition and re-install

utsav

damn busy...
@ utsav. actually i was hving nod32 sum times back. but came across this link *anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
then went for bitdefender.

they pushed bitdefender to first place coz its cheap but it does not detects viruses as efficiently as nod

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
checked with nod32 too. there are 3 virus on my comp as shown by bitdefender n nod32 but none of them cud clean or even remove them. the are in the system volume information which i m also not able to get even after knowing the full path name.

Try scanning the partitions in Safe Mode, the viruses will not be removed if they get stored in System Memory temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom