CPU+Mobo+RAM at 15k for CAD

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
This is for my friend. He is upgrading from his 4+ year old system, but at a very limited budget of 15k, so requires only CPU, Motherboard and RAM. Here is are my answers to the standard questions:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily for CAD applications (Solidworks, AutoCAD, ProE and the likes)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: INR 15,000.00

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Existing HD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Existing Monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HD, Monitor, Cabinet, PSU, KB/Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week of April

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, by me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Vellore/Chennai. Will purchase at Chennai/Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: As I already said, only CPU, Motherboard and RAM is required. 2GB will suffice for now, can purchase additional RAM later.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
@op, does your friend have any gpu in your old system??
if yes get the above mentioned cpu with Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3p mobo ratherthan the old ds3.
if there is no gpu and if he cant extend his budget, get
i3 4130 -7.8k
gigabyte h81 s1 -4k
kingston hyperx blue 4gb - 3.7k

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Thank you guys.

@rijinpk1: No. He doesn't have one and he may buy one in the future. As of now, he is going to use only the on-board graphics.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you guys.

@rijinpk1: No. He doesn't have one and he may buy one in the future. As of now, he is going to use only the on-board graphics.

if he cant increase his budget a little to accommodate a gpu now, then there is no way to get fx 6300 as it does not have any integrated gpu. i3 4130 is the way.

Top Bottom