CPU in 25k for rendering

tamalsen

Broken In
1. What is your MAX budget?
25k for CPU ONLY
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
I am okay with it
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
Rendering first Editing second and compositing.
4. Planning to overclock?
No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
Windows 7 and Xp simultaneously
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
1tb
7. What resolution will the screen run at?
1920x1080
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Yes and No
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A week from now
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
If it can be future proof then it would be great
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
Like i said, no need to consider anything other than the CPU for the budget
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
Kolkata

I am putting this together for a friend, and he has no issues with buying intel or amd. So guys please suggest a great rig.

Cilus

laborare est orare
What do you mean by just CPU? Is it the cabinet with Motherboard, processor ram, hard disk, SMPS or just the Processor?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Intel core i5 2400 @ 9.5k (with Intel Graphics HD 2000)
Intel DH67BL @ 5.9K
Corsair 4GB @ 2.5K
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM @ 2.7k
FSP Saga II 500w @ 2.5k
NZXT Gamma @ 2k

Total 25.1k

OP, if you are going for video editing and rendering then i guess u will need seperate graphics card..if u planning for gpu then let others comment about gpu and suitable psu..

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
great build, but out of curiosity, wouldnt rendering work perform better with more cores? i.e, would an amd hexacore processor do better?

Piyush

Lanaya
for that reason i would suggest you to go for AMD x6 instead of i5

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Nope, sandybridge i5's are better in rendering than amd's hex cores. The reason being the efficient and powerful cpu cores and superior architecture of sandybridge and support for more instruction sets like avx and aes for data encryption.

i5 2400 is the best cpu for that budget until bulldozer comes up and plans to spoil things for intel. Until then , its intel and only intel at that budget.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
just dont get FSP Saga II with bottom psu placement cabinets like NZXT GAMMA or CM elite 430. it has short cables.

and dont get cx430w. bad psu. get corsair cx400w instead of this.

bhushan2k

i5's 4 cores >> phenom's 6 cores in many aspects...many benchmarks have proven it..

Intel core i5 2400 @ 9.5k (with Intel Graphics HD 2000)
Intel DH67BL @ 5.9K
Corsair 4GB @ 2.5k
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM @ 2.7k
Corsair CX430w @ 2.7k (for longer cables)
NZXT Gamma @ 2k

Total 25.1k

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Instead of changing the psu. i suggest to go for a top mounting psu cabby instead. Try the cm elite 335 or 310. They are good enough for this build.

^^cx400 is not available anymore jas. Even cilus couldn't find it anywhere in kolkata during his recent visit.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
batman really? it was an awesome psu.

anyways then seasonic 430 or fsp with top mounted psu cabbys.

bhushan2k

@jas, why is cx430w bad?? Any experience?? And if his budget exceeds then he can get cable extensions with saga..hope it will work i guess..else cx400w will do job if he's not planning for gpu (by assuming..as he hasn't said about it yet..)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^CX430 not 80+ certified,
A big step backward in terms of quality,
CX430 is covered by only 2 year warranty

OEM of CX400 - Seasonic(S12II) > OEM of CX430 - CWT(DSAII)

bhushan2k

hell..why did corsair launch that model if it's not 80+ certified and has just 2 years warranty??

narendra4u

Broken In
just dont get FSP Saga II with bottom psu placement cabinets like NZXT GAMMA or CM elite 430. it has short cables.

:evil: FSP Saga II 500 have sufficient cables for bottom PSU placement cabi .i m using in my bottom PSU placement cabi.
so please 1st watch the products then replies

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corsair CX400 is available at PrimeABGB. I know someone who bought it from them one month ago.

Seasonic SS-400 is a good alternative for 2400 if you can find it in your city.

:evil: FSP Saga II 500 have sufficient cables for bottom PSU placement cabi .i m using in my bottom PSU placement cabi.
no idea if 500w has longer cables. But as far as 350w and 400w are concerned, I'll agree with Jas.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

i use a FSP Saga II 400w in CM Elite 430. i had to order eps12v extension.
and same with Sam(in his case NZXT M59).

and which cabby you have?