cpu for graphic designer

deep82

Broken In
Hello guys,

I am a graphic designer and I am looking for an upgrade to my CPU only.

I can reuse my LG 23" inch monitor, 500GB Seagate HDD, mouse, keyboard and speakers. Rest I need to upgrade.

The system will be used to open application like photoshop cs5 & coreldraw.

My budget is Rs 20,000.

Please help and advice.

Thank You
deep

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: You have said that your budget is 20K. I can't understand if your budget is only for processor or all upgrading components? (i.e. procrssor+motherboard+ram).

If your budget is only for processor, then please do mention the exact model number of your existing motherboard.

OP
D

deep82

Broken In
Thank You for your reply.

I need processor + motherboard + RAM ( 4gb atleast) + PSU + Cabinet ( thats all I guess). I can reuse my HDD.

I hope that I can have intel i5 in my budget.

Thank You
deep

clmlbx

Technomancer
@d6bmg I guess he wants processor,Motherboard, Ram and PSU + cabinet according to the list he is going to re-use..

I presume OP is not going to use 3D Apps then i5 is more then Enough.. even a i3 will do with medium range MB ... and Ram

@op do you have decent Graphic card. If not you better get one and for that you need to increase your budget.

OP
D

deep82

Broken In
No, I don't have graphic card? please add a graphic card in my Rig, please. I can increase my budget to 25000.

Thank You
deep

clmlbx

Technomancer
First time I am recommending some one with exact models..so better wait for what others has to say

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel i3-2100|6250
Mother Board |Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3|5040
Ram | corsair 4GB kit 1333 Mhz|2365
Graphic Card |Sapphire-HD 6670 GDDR5[1GB RAM]|5450
PSU | corsair 600W power supply|3835
Cabinet | NZXT Gamma|2030
|Total|24970

Last edited:
OP
D

deep82

Broken In
Thank You for reply.

If I add intel i5 and remove the graphic card, will it be ok?

Currently I work with pentium E5200 Dual core and it seem to work fine with photoshop. Offcourse it struggles with too much multitasking.

Please suggest and provide a rig based on intel i5.

Thank You
deep

clmlbx

Technomancer
Graphic card is necessary.. Photoshop uses it. search for it you will find it.. I had added better PSU which is not needed now but will give you flexibility for future use.. you won't have to change your PSU even if you ever Update High end GPU later. But now you want i5 So here is it

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel i5-2400|9840
Mother Board |Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3|5040
Ram | corsair 4GB kit 1333 Mhz|2365
Graphic Card |Sapphire-HD 6570 GDDR3[1GB RAM]|4000
PSU | corsair 500W power supply|2995
Cabinet | NZXT Gamma|2030
|Total|26270

you can go for Zebronics bijli Cabinet which is around 1K (replacing NZXT Gamma) to reduce Price. I presume You have Full HD monitor then Don't Go below this Graphic Card I have mention

Cilus

laborare est orare
Little modification over clmlbx's config:

Motherboard: Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5.2K
Graphics card: Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4.1K (better than HD 6570)
PSU: FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K or Corsair CX 430 V2 (enough for OP's config)

Top Bottom