Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 ???

hitesh

In the zone
I want to upgrade my processor from pentium 4 3.0ghz(631) and this is the best processor my mobo can support.
Where can I buy this processor??
Second hand will work too.
Local market would be execellent , otherwise online would do also.:mrgreen:
I live in Delhi.

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
@thetechfreak

Do you have contact no.s for shops in Nehru Place.
I will directly ask them if they have this model.

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
btw howz this ??

Top 20:'INTEL C2D E7200' New Delhi,Buy INTEL C2D E7200 online,Shop Processor Online,Laptop/PC Hardware 'INTEL C2D E7200',Online INTEL Product Accessories,Haryana 'INTEL C2D E7200' Peripherals,CORE 2 DUO 2.54 GHZ, INTEL C2D E7200, INTEL CORE 2 DUO,Noi

core 2 duo e7200 for rs5750
Is it worth ??
If yes then what about the website ???
Should I buy from here?? Is it trustworthy?? :-?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check for bios update at motherboard manufacturer's site. at times updated bios enable support for new processor of the same series.

strange that E7200 is the first processor from Wolfdale lineup. so if E7200 is supported, anything upto E7600 too should have been supported as they have same TDP & are made using 45nm node.

OP
H

hitesh

In the zone
check for bios update at motherboard manufacturer's site. at times updated bios enable support for new processor of the same series.

strange that E7200 is the first processor from Wolfdale lineup. so if E7200 is supported, anything upto E7600 too should have been supported as they have same TDP & are made using 45nm node.

here is the link -
945GC-M7 TE :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

e7500 is not in the list .
Is it possible that a processor which is not in this list would be compatible with this mobo ??

And they (biostar) dont recommend updating bios when the system is running fine (in the bios section)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
improper flashing of bios will create problem. but the list doesn't specifies if after bios update processor higher than E7200 will be supported. latest bios just states that 1333Mhz FSP CPU will be supported which may point to E6850 & E6750. you may take the motherboard to any computer shop and tell them you want to upgrade the processor to E7600. before taking, simply update bios so that they can test with their sample processors (if any).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i checked on intel site with all 945GC intel mobos & according to their search none of them is compatible with E7500.my suggestion is get a cheap G31 mobo.asrock G31 price at cost2cost is 1900.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ some 3rd party manufacturers have released bios with which some particular 945 mobos can support e7000, e8000 and e5000 dual core cpus ;-)

foe eg. GA-945GCM-S2L - now ops mobo is also from 945gc series and made by a third party manufacturer and with bios update it can support cpus upto e7200 - I think the list is not updated and that's why there's not any other 45nm c2d cpu is mentioned but most probably the mobo will be able to handle 45nm dual core cpus.

so if Op can he can try to get a e7200 but if wants to play safe he better opt for e5700 @ 3.2k and he will have money to buy a new mobo if he needs - with it's extra ~500 Mhz clock speed it can out perform the e7200 easily ;-)

Top Bottom