Copy of MS-Word-2007 Expired !

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustya

Journeyman
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a Laptop some months back with which I got Microsoft word-2007 3 months Trial version copy. Now it has expired so word on my laptop has stopped working. What can I do what are my the cheapest options.
Thanks.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Open office.org spreadsheets===freeware
Gnumeric ===freeware
Google docs ====freeware

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Open office.org spreadsheets===freeware
Gnumeric ===freeware
Google docs ====freeware

Hey Raghu,

Can u elaborate on this a little bit in detail as in what will these sites do for me. What can I do with these. How can it help me. How to use this.

Thanks.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
If you need just the word files...I suggest AbiWord(google for links). If you want a free standard office suite that has word processor, spreadsheets, prersentation software, etc., then use OpenOffice.

gaurarpit

Broken In
Buddy, why dont u get urself a copy of new MS-Office. :)
Else, you can try Open office, but is doesnt support ACCESS files.

There are many freewares office suites available. U can try them also.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
open office calc ,gnumeric and google docs spreadsheets are free alternative to ms excel.
anyway you can buy office 2007 basic for around Rs.6250. (in bangalore) or home and student for around rs.3500.

Forget AbiWord and Gnumetric. They are not as fully matured and feature rich as OpenOffice.org 3.0. You also don't get the FULLY INTEGRATED feeling you tend to get in openoffice. You also don't get OpenOffice Base, Impress, Draw, etc. From what a senior told me, OpenOffice draw is easy to use but needs learning, and is awesome when used in combination with Impress and Writer. Personally, I just flick diagrams off the internet for my presentations :D

Anyway, your computer should have no difficulty running OpenOffice since its lighter than MS Office 2007 (Its more comparable to MS Office 2003 in resource usage, which has surprisingly gone DOWN after launch of version 3.0 compared to 2.x series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom