[Query] Copy of bill is enough to claim warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaji2525

Broken In
I am getting a used 19" LG monitor for cheap which is still under warranty. the guy who is going to sell the monitor said, he has a single bill for his whole computer which includes that monitor so he can provide me only "photocopy" of the bill.

What i wanna know is, not only for this monitor but for any computer component, the photo copy of bill is enough to claim warranty or original bill is compulsory?

clmlbx

Technomancer
I don't think many will accept photocopy as it can be easily manipulated but most of the product can get warranty with their serial number on it.. you don't even need Invoice.. I am not saying you should not keep org invoice.. you should always keep it for worst case scenarios.

you can get warranty on this product with just serial number on it.

Hard-disk
Ram.
Pen drive
DvD drive..

and I guess on monitors too..

IMO at best ask him for colored photocopy and Xerox.. colored copy will do I guess..If it was proper invoice from computer then you can also ask him if he can get a copy of Invoice from the dealer..If not possible for some reason or it was hand written bill then just get what they say challan recipt(rough bill) with it's stamp on it will also do.

this should do IMO but better confirm this before buying

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
please keep the bill handy while visiting the servicing center if required.
normally they keep a photocopy of the bill,so I would advise to make 2-3 copies of the original :p

and rest be assured you won't face any issue while clamming the warranty......

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Best solution is mentioned by the first person. Take a coloured photocopy. They may ask you the original copy- they may not. This is the best alternate solution.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You should preserve the original copy of the bill as long as possible. Make 1 xerox coopy of all the bills & also preserve them. In case you lost the original, xerox copy will save you & your warranty.
Always register your product wherever applicable.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ Enviroment killer :p save paper scan it and only print it out if needed. I scanned my all important documents as an copy.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Actually, during all the RMAs I've done, nobody asks for original copy of bill. They just want to see a xerox copy to verify whether it is under warranty or not.

Name of the shop from where you are buying the product might matter in this case though. (I don't know this exactly)

aroraanant

Explorer
The photocopy will be accepted without any hassles, don't worry and go ahead and but the monitor.
BTW for how much are you getting it and how old it is?

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
The photocopy will be accepted without any hassles, don't worry and go ahead and but the monitor.
BTW for how much are you getting it and how old it is?

It is a 19" LG monitor 1440x900 resolution, 2yrs old, price-3.8k . But i changed my mind, I gonna get new full HD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.