Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

rashiga

Right off the assembly line
chk this out ,by the way m new for this forum!

*img52.imageshack.us/img52/6536/optimzesdeditedimage23.jpg
By rashiga at 2012-08-21
*img841.imageshack.us/img841/4484/optimzesdimg7569.jpg
By rashiga at 2012-08-21
*img13.imageshack.us/img13/9161/optimzesdimg7565.jpg
By rashiga at 2012-08-21

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Welcome to TDF !! The moded Elite 430 looks absolutely stunning and what's that PSU and where from you got those PSU cable extenders ??

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Really impressive with that matte finish black paint.
If I understand correctly, you painted EVERYTHING black.
Why ? :p

rashiga

^^ Welcome to TDF !! The moded Elite 430 looks absolutely stunning and what's that PSU and where from you got those PSU cable extenders ??

thnx :)

PSU is an INWIN Commander 750W

I sleeved the cables by my self using paracord :D so they are just stock cables

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I've only heard about inwin psus but never saw or used one personally ( except on magazines/reviews ) and thanks for all the info.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
InWin still makes PSUs and some good cabinets ( and other pc accessories ) but like some other good brands ( for eg. Rosewill ) they are not available in here.

heplayer

Pictures of the last update to my rig :razz:

*desmond.imageshack.us/Himg825/scaled.php?server=825&filename=dsc02772za.jpg&res=landing

*desmond.imageshack.us/Himg42/scaled.php?server=42&filename=dsc02776pc.jpg&res=landing

*desmond.imageshack.us/Himg717/scaled.php?server=717&filename=dsc02795tk.jpg&res=landing

Morpheus

Broken In
Just got my CM Elite 431 Plus but there is no 2.5" bay. :-( Any idea where I can get 2.5" to 3.5" bay converter? Its too expensive on ebay.

Also, will Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler fit in Elite 431?

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
212 EVo will fit and if you are going to buy a SSD drive then some SSd drives comes with such converter casings.

Morpheus

Broken In
212 EVo will fit and if you are going to buy a SSD drive then some SSd drives comes with such converter casings.

Thank you! Gonna get Hyper 212 EVO very soon. Also getting HD 7870 this week and will post some pics then. :-D One more question, can two 120mm fans accomodate at the top of Elite 431 along with 212 EVO near it? I am confused about this and haven't ordered any fans for the top yet.

bubusam13

Human
You know what, looking at all of your(members) rigs, I feel like I am running a 1988 mac high on popeye's spinach which can at least run windows 7 :(

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you! Gonna get Hyper 212 EVO very soon. Also getting HD 7870 this week and will post some pics then. :-D One more question, can two 120mm fans accomodate at the top of Elite 431 along with 212 EVO near it? I am confused about this and haven't ordered any fans for the top yet.

can't say about Elite 431 but 430 can accommodate 2x 120mm on top if 212 evo is installed - so if both cabinets has same height then CM 431 will most probably accomodate 2x top 120mm fan with hyper 212 evo.

Morpheus

Broken In
can't say about Elite 431 but 430 can accommodate 2x 120mm on top if 212 evo is installed - so if both cabinets has same height then CM 431 will most probably accomodate 2x top 120mm fan with hyper 212 evo.

431 is 9 mm taller than 430 so I think there shouldn't be a problem. Thank you once again. :)

suh007

Broken In
I recently got CM Elite 430.It came with front blue LED fan + side fan.
My config is :
i5-2400
Intel DH67CL
Sapphire 7850 2GB OC
4GB Ram

I usually keep the front fan OFF to reduce the noise and also to avoid the bright blue light distracting(Am i doing it wrong here ?)
Only the side fan will be ON.Sometimes the top part of the cabinet becomes little hot while playing games.
How many Fans should i buy(intake vs exhaust) and what is the ideal places to fit those fans to keep the temps to a minimum.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
A front intake(120mm) and a rear(top) exhaust is sufficient and necessary.
Side and top fans are optional but ok if you use them.
I have the same cabinet with 3 fans. Front intake (default provided. 120mm blue led) and a rear(top) exhaust and a top exhaust. The last two are CM blue led 120mm 90cfm purchased separately.
The default front fan provided in the CM Elite 430 is not that good. The max speed is around 1100rpm(tested with asus ai suite fan expert) while the other custom fans are almost 1800rpm each. You might want to replace the front with something more powerful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom