cooler for ATI 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivg33k

I s33 G33ky p30pl3
I am looking for a aftermarket cooler for my Sapphire ATI 4850 card, i have increased the fan speed manually but it is noisy.
I have googled and found no particular cooler for ATI 4850, but they say that any cooler that fits the ATI 38xx series fits the 48xx series.
I have zeroed in this cooler *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=152&id=145 it costs around 1.4k.
Anyone has any suggestion then please post. My budget is 1.5k max

Specs: Mobo - MSI p35 platinum (with free ZALMAN Cooler)
CPU - Intel E8400
RAM - OCZ 2*1GB
GPU - Sapphire ATI 4850
LCD - Dell SP2208WFP
HDD - 2*250 GB WD caviar
Case - NZXT appllo black

Thanks in advance.

imgame2

Padawan
cool riva doesn't support HD4850 /HD4870 .....u need to get a cooler that supports these cards

get Artic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2

*www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=147

available for about 1.5k (including shipping and taxes @ lynx

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2031

also make sure u buy one of those manufactured after june-july cos ...support for Hd4000 series was only added then on ...better call up the guy on lynx and confirm this ..if u want to buy from lynx ...

i was personally thinking of going for this cooler..when i was buying my HD4850 ..but i guess i don't need it anymore ..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm planning on getting an Accelero S1 Rev 2 myself.The idle temps are just absurd these days.It's been only 2 months since I got my card & the idle temp is now @76 degrees with 75% fan speed.Earlier when I had first applied it then idle temp was 53 degrees.Now the load temps go as high as 103 degrees.

My only query is that will my side 80mm fans of Zebronics Lava cabinet interfere after the Accelero S1 is added? I was planning to get the S1 & a 120MM fan.But the problem is I don't know how to install this thing.:(

imgame2

Padawan
My only query is that will my side 80mm fans of Zebronics Lava cabinet interfere after the Accelero S1 is added? I was planning to get the S1 & a 120MM fan.But the problem is I don't know how to install this thing.:(

i have not installed it myself ..but what i have seen(on various websites) it looks like it comes good 2~3 inches above HD4850 ..so in all probability it will interfere with ur cabby's side fan's cos i have zebronics elegance cabby (a pretty old one,with two side fans) and i could imagine seeing its size after installing S1 .. that it will interfere ..and i use a uATX mobo ..but i may be wrong..

to know how to install it check this out ..i hope it helps

*in.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJHa8pXiNY

*www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5785377

just make very much sure that its the one manufactured after june-2008 ..otherwise it will simply not fit on ur HD4850

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
I am looking for a aftermarket cooler for my Sapphire ATI 4850 card, i have increased the fan speed manually but it is noisy.
I have googled and found no particular cooler for ATI 4850, but they say that any cooler that fits the ATI 38xx series fits the 48xx series.
I have zeroed in this cooler *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=152&id=145 it costs around 1.4k.
Anyone has any suggestion then please post. My budget is 1.5k max

Specs: Mobo - MSI p35 platinum (with free ZALMAN Cooler)
CPU - Intel E8400
RAM - OCZ 2*1GB
GPU - Sapphire ATI 4850
LCD - Dell SP2208WFP
HDD - 2*250 GB WD caviar
Case - NZXT appllo black

Thanks in advance.

go for Artic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2 buy 80mm fan and apply on it but the fan speed must 1200RPM minimum

I'm planning on getting an Accelero S1 Rev 2 myself.The idle temps are just absurd these days.It's been only 2 months since I got my card & the idle temp is now @76 degrees with 75% fan speed.Earlier when I had first applied it then idle temp was 53 degrees.Now the load temps go as high as 103 degrees.

bro 80MM fan works gr8 if ur fan is good RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.