"CONTINUOUS SHORT BEEPS" what does it mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear users of late one of my friend's PC while booting after around 25days is giving me a problem.

whenever the power button on my cabinet is pressed, CONTINUOUS SHORT BEEPS are heard. along with no display on monitor...this type of error didn't occur before my friend says... what to do...

he is using a branded PCS Orion. confi is p4 2.0 ghz on a GigaByte p4 Titan motherboard with 128mb DDR RAM...

is there something wrong with his PC???? if so what!!!

Please reply soon...

-SUDE

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
can you tell me the BIOS manufacturer's name?Beeps have different meanings for different manufacturers.Btw.try this
*spondoo.com/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi/010100A/http/www.pctechnicians.ca/help/pcguide.html

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
This sort of problem occured to me also. I opened the cabinet and pressed the memory modules. After that, my pc is running smoothly. I presume that the memory stick got loose due to some vibration or something.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Short beeps is most probably a faulty ram , replace the ram or chk if it is placed properly, try to change the slot.

OP
sude

sude

dear ramakrishnan and tarey_g... i have tried changing the RAM to another slot but to no help... its still beeping...

and in the motherboard manual a list is given which indicates the beep error codes...
it says "continuous small beeps" mean POWER ERROR.. now what does this mean. my friend has to change the smps or what...

-SUDE
>American megatrends

-Any other data will be provided...

-SUDE

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I was just asking it to find what error it meant.tarey_g and rama-k you will observe that short continuous beeps mean power error in most bios and not ram ones.:)
Now you have yourselves found the meaning of the beep,before changing the smps,make sure the power connector is connected correctly and fitted firmly in the mother board socket, some mother boards require two connectors from the power supply, refer to mother board manual. If the problem persists try using a different power supply.

OP
sude

sude

no vimal it isn't its giving me "the page cannot be displayed"...

-SUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.