Connecting Two Computers via Direct Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
forget everything buddy.
just go a buy a usb direct link cable from ur hardware guy. it cost me rs 550 in malad,mumbai. u get a driver cd along with it. just install the drivers and install the software.

this is all u have to do. run the software on both pcs and transfer whatever u like.

i do the same for my desktop and laptop.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
please

Please tell me how to share internet connection and folders.Also tell me what r the other things that can be done with lan connection.

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me

please give me step by step procedure for sharing internet connection and folders.

KnightRider

Broken In
Connecting 2 computers without Hub

the best way to connect 2 computer is with a crossover cable..

u need a cat 5 cable.. it will be connected ffrom one lan card to another (no hubs in between)

the rj45 connection at the two ends will be different so its called cross over...
you will get the diagram of both end in the following link

*mbdw.s5.com/Lan/crossover.jpg

once the cable is done.. connect it to the lan cards and assign ip address to both machine as 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 the subnet mask of both machine will be 255.255.255.0. remember to assign the sharing permission.. then share ur folders. and ur lan connection is done.. this is the best and cheapest was to make a connection.. the rj 45 jacks about Rs2/- and the cable will hardly cost about Rs 10/- per metre. so if the machine are near by u will get the lan done with less than Rs/- 50.. if u dont have the crimping tool, then the peson who will crimp the rj45 jack may charge but that will be very veryvery minimal.

:) :) :)

Techmastro

Journeyman
What kind of net connetion do u have.
Broadband or dial up???
If u internet over one pc then go to internet options of that pc & enable "network user to share internet connection"
Now go to other pc's internet option < connection <lan setting & enable "auto detect settings"
also check "never dial connection"

geekysage

Journeyman
@navino87: Hey, are you nuts? People have posted all kinda info in the first page of this post but you are still playing the same record again and again! You have posted this same message atleast 3 times:
navino87 said:
Please tell me how to share internet connection and folders.Also tell me what r the other things that can be done with lan connection.

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me

please give me step by step procedure for sharing internet connection and folders.

theraven offered to help you but instead of following the steps and then asking proper questions, you are singing the same 'ol song again and again. Anyway, here are the links posted by QwertyManiac:

*www.gyre.co.uk/help/broadband/connection_sharing.php
*www.internet-sharing.com/internet_sharing_faq.html
*help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t6966.html

and here are two more:
*www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_network.htm
*www.futureshop.ca/learnmore/AskThe...2computers.asp?logon=&langid=EN&test_cookie=1

Now take a good look at them and STFU!

Peace.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Whats ur exact problem situation now mr.navino87 ?

Dont ur networkin work with that rj45 cat ?

Or do u still hae problems with network ip,

If so, jus select automatic settings detection of windows and voila !
Ur network will be connected...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Re: OS

navino87 said:
I am using windows XP proffesional.

Dood, what's ur status? Are you still holding the nics in ur hands or are they installed in ur machines? Tell us in which stage you are and do read those links or atleast what theraven and others wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom