Confusion Regarding Domain Addresses - Urgent Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Confusion Regarding Domain Addresses - Urgent Help Required

Hey friends, Need an urgent help. I have following queries and want accurate answer from your side. An accurate answer will help me a lot:

1. Suppose there is a site whose domain name is abcxyz.com, this is the only site throughout World Wide Web having address as abcxyz. Now suppose someone registers for abcxyz.net or abcxyz.org, so is this allowed?

I have heard that (maybe I am wrong) this type of thing is attributed to Domain Name Theft. Please make this clear.

2. Again Suppose there is a site whose domain name is abcxyz.com, now can we register another domain as abc-xyz.com ( Notice the '-' )? Kindly make this clear too.

A reply from you will benefit me a lot.

- With Best Wishes

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Well it depends on the nature of the site you are talking about,

If its a just another site on the internet with .com its doesn't matter you can go ahead and register .net for yourself.

If its a popular site or a site based on some product or some registered trademark, then you can go into some trouble. But it rarely happens every big site owners will always have the .net's etc with them.

But it is always advisable to get a .com rather then other tld's

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
But How to check whether any site got his domain name copyrighted?

Hey lemme be more clear.

Suppose there is a site having domain name as mrin-tech.com and I want the domain for me as mrin-tecx.com

Last edited:

dd_wingrider

In the zone
^^^ you can register that, there wont be any problems at all, its not like its google.com or something.

No problems in registering so long as that site is not copyrighted or it is not similar to yours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.