Confused what to buy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
I want a mobo ,processor,PSU,Cabinet

Shall i go in for AMD is it reliable and worthy as compared to intel ??
MY budget is 15 K

Cilus

laborare est orare
if you have a budget of 15k, then AMD is the must have. In the middle and lower end segment AMD is the best buy and infact offers better performance/price ratio than Intel

Now uou didn't mention what kind of system you required, DDR2 based or DDR3 based as you didn't mention RAM.

Please let us know whether u r having ram or wanna buy new ones.

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
DDR3 would be most preferable..have to buy a new one...or shall i wait for the price to go down...now that USB 3.0 is also on the go....

now i have seagate IDE Hard disk.can i connect it to the new Mobo's also a IDE sony DVD drive.

Do i have to change the cabinet too.??

Piyush

Lanaya
DDR3 would be most preferable..have to buy a new one...or shall i wait for the price to go down...now that USB 3.0 is also on the go....

now i have seagate IDE Hard disk.can i connect it to the new Mobo's also a IDE sony DVD drive.

Do i have to change the cabinet too.??
i think for usb 3.0 feature u have to shift up ur budget a lil bit
still i hv a lil info regarding 3.0
w8 till someone else post something useful than me

most of the boards come with one parallel port , so you could use your ide hdd and optical drive, forget about usb3 thing as it would take atleast an year to become main stream, as of now its of no use, and in your budget not at all possible, go for amd rig.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
yup.... better go with the present format and opt fop a usb3 converter box later on....

about your config....
Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz @ 5.1k
Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k
Cooler Master Elite 330 @ 1.8k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup.... better go with the present format and opt fop a usb3 converter box later on....

about your config....
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k
Cooler Master Elite 330 @ 1.8k

does OP really need a Corsair Power monster? he not mentioned anything about graphics card anywhere. rest everything good.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
me too want build pc in 15k.
I want to but procy+mobo, ram & simple cabby.
I m planning to buy gpu and ddr3 ram in future, so 15k only for above 4 items. so plz suggest me asus or gigabyte mobo wich supports ddr2 as well as ddr3 ram.
I m not concerned about usb 3.0.
mostly i will buy mid range gpu, so does vip 500W is enough.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
does OP really need a Corsair Power monster? he not mentioned anything about graphics card anywhere. rest everything good.

he had the required budget.... i gave him 450 as it is a really sweet buy coming in his budget.... very future proof.... but he may go with vip 500w @ 2.2k....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
me too want build pc in 15k.
I want to but procy+mobo, ram & simple cabby.
I m planning to buy gpu and ddr3 ram in future, so 15k only for above 4 items. so plz suggest me asus or gigabyte mobo wich supports ddr2 as well as ddr3 ram.
I m not concerned about usb 3.0.
mostly i will buy mid range gpu, so does vip 500W is enough.

Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.9k (single stick)
VIP Gold 400W @ 1.4k
cabby of choice @ 1.2k

total: 14.9k or get Phenom II X2 555 (sure shot chance will unlock to X4 B55) & take total to 15k.

he had the required budget.... i gave him 450 as it is a really sweet buy coming in his budget.... very future proof.... but he may go with vip 500w @ 2.2k....

well yes. he not gave any particular use. so if it fits, why not recommend. nice :razz:

OP
D

dmanojkmr

Journeyman
Well thanQ guys..hope so this info is enough...

but i also have a plan to buy a mid range GPU around 5k
do i have to make any change in the above config

Also i'm new in building PC's...can i build it of my own ??

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well thanQ guys..hope so this info is enough...

but i also have a plan to buy a mid range GPU around 5k
do i have to make any change in the above config

Also i'm new in building PC's...can i build it of my own ??

change PSU to FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W, whichever is cheaper. this will enable u add a GPU & be in safe land.

if u wish u may try building. need patience mainly. rest everything is simple and we here to help if u face any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom