Confused - Samsung Galaxy S Duos or Micromax A110 (Canvas 2) or iBall Andi 4.5H

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi Guys,

Confused between these 3 sets -

Samsung Galaxy S Duos or Micromax A110 (Canvas 2) or iBall Andi 4.5H

Samsung one is said to be Smart Dual Active. But it's nothing but a CALL DIVERT/FORWARD feature that the set enables in our SIM cards.

And to best of my knowledge, the above can be done manually on other Dual SIM sets too. Please correct me if I am wrong!

So, the actual query is, selecting the best set out of the three mentioned!

Please suggest.

rdkumthekar

Broken In
if u dont mind buying Indian brands, iBall Andi 4.5h is best among all these sets. It has better resolution, more RAM and good reviews too. If u can spend about 16k, Wickedleak's Wammy Sensation is a great device. It has 1280x800 res display, android JB and 1gb RAM. Don't consider Canvas 2 my friend has it and he is complaining low battery life and lag one month after purchasing.
If u want brand name then S Duos is good, consider HTC desire X and Sony Xperia J also. Nokia's Lumia 620 is coming soo nand I am waiting for it. It will be priced in 15k range. :smile:

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
And what about that CALL Forwarding thing that I mentioned?

Samsung S Duos does it automatically! But hope it works well, if we do it manually on Canvas 2 or iBall Andi 4.5H

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
iBall Andi is out of question for me! It does not have a 3.5M audio port n I require it....

So, left with Canvas 2 or Samsung Galaxy S Duos. Still Confused!

Have some queries -

1. Have heard Samsung Galaxy S Duos lags in between. But disabling some "Power Saving Option" helps decreasing that lag.... But not sure.

2. Reluctant to go with Canvas 2, as it has 512MB RAM. And major reason is, 5 inch screen would be too heavy for me!

3. CALL Forwarding - Samsung S Duos does it automatically (N term it as Smart Dual Active). But, can we do this type of CALL Forwarding manually on any Dual StandBy set?

Please confirm on these points.

And an other Dual SIM mobile that you guys can suggest? Budget max - 15k.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
in terms of sales you cant better the Canvas 2.

Giving you a few more options:
MMX A90S
Xperia Tipo dual.
Xperia E Dual (coming soon)

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thanks mate....

But any inputs on this -

1. Have heard Samsung Galaxy S Duos lags in between. But disabling some "Power Saving Option" helps decreasing that lag. Is that true?

3. Secondly, wanted to confirm about CALL Forwarding feature. Samsung S Duos does it automatically and calls it Smart Dual Active. What it does is, if you are busy on SIM1 and receive a call on SIM2; it forwards the call of SIM2 on your SIM1 and you get a Call Waiting option. But my doubt is, can we do this type of CALL Forwarding manually on any Dual Standby set?

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah even I've heard that the S Duos lags. Poor old Cortex A5 proccy.
If you want proper dual sim functionality get a phone from international brands like Samsung / Sony.

The A90S and other "desi" phones is general just have Dual standby or something,AFAIK.

vihaan

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Confused between these 3 sets -

Samsung Galaxy S Duos or Micromax A110 (Canvas 2) or iBall Andi 4.5H

Samsung one is said to be Smart Dual Active. But it's nothing but a CALL DIVERT/FORWARD feature that the set enables in our SIM cards.

And to best of my knowledge, the above can be done manually on other Dual SIM sets too. Please correct me if I am wrong!

So, the actual query is, selecting the best set out of the three mentioned!

Please suggest.

Or just chk out lenovos ideaphone line up!!!!
Or lava xolo a800 is also above average fr the price

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Avoid.Anything without warranty is a strict no-no.

if OP is chooses to unlock bootloader it will void warranty anyway... so why pay more ?
Its pointless choosing a buggy OS like android, if you are not gonna do what it is supposed to do.. (my point of view)
mind u, neo L can have a stable OC of 2.0 ghz with a quadrant score of 4.5K+
Few other phones at this price (be it dualcore) can achieve that level of performance

waiting for a bit is also recommended since intel is gonna release a lexington based budget phone in india (perhaps lava ? idk for sure)

if u do choose a smartphone without warranty,
best would be
Optimus 2x (really old phone , but worthy for 11k ebay)
xperia pro (qwerty, 8mp cam)
Neo L (4 inch screen)

The new gen LG L series are a joke, same for samsung galaxy s duos

Last edited:
OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Rushing to office.... lol

BTW - Xperia sola & Neo L.... are these dual sim?

And yes friends, I need an Android based Dual SIM set (GSM + GSM).

arvindkb

Right off the assembly line
Go for... JIAYU G4

Jiayu G4: Rs 9000, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 4.7-inch IPS display, 13 MP camera|Tech Photos-IBNLive

JIAYU G4 MTK6589 Quad Core 1G RAM 4.7 Inch HD IPS Retina Screen Android 4.1 13MP Camera Gyroscope Basic Smart Phone

Top Bottom