Confused on Mobo, Case & PSU for my new build? Need help and suggestions...

piyushanand

Right off the assembly line
Confused!!! Need help on Mobo, Case & PSU for my new build? Need help and suggestions...

:lol:Hi!

I am planning a new build. I have worked out the following config, but confused on the Cabinet, Power supply and Mother board?

Casing : Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet / NZXT Gamma
SMPS (PSU) : Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series 450W / Antec VP Series 450W (VP450P) / Antec TP-550 Watt /
Seasonic S12II 430 Watts
Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K Processor
Mother Board : Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K / Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-55K / Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H /
ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)
HDD : 1 x 320 GB Seagate (SATA) + 1 x 1 TB WD (SATA) {Exsiting}
Graphics Card : XFX ATI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB {Existing}
Monitor : Panasonic 24 inches LED Full HD {Existing}
Sound Card : Creative Audigy {Existing}
Speaker : F & D F6000 5.1 Channel {Existing}

Although Antec and Intel are my personal favourites. If i stick to them Which one is better, especially in case of PSU and Cabinet? I am open to suggestions. Plan to upgrade the sound and graphics card later due to budget constraints.
PLZ help. Since budget is an issue, i am giving the approx prces below for the items in question:

POWER SUPPLY UNITS:
Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series 450W 5900.00
Antec VP Series 450W Power Supply (VP450P) 3000.00
Antec TP-550 Watt Continuous Power Supply 5000.00
Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU 3500.00

MOTHER BOARDS:
Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K 8500.00
Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-55K 12500.00
Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H 9900.00
ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard 10500.00

CABINETS:
Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet 3500.00
NZXT Gamma 2600.00

I have gone thru reviews and all of them seem good, for the price point. But still wanna go for the best VFM. I had almost decided on The Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K mobo, but some freinds suggested these other options. Same goes for Casing I was almost decided on Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet.
I wanna use the the PC for gaming and editing home made videos and photos shot using my DSLR and also for watching HD movies. Games like NFS-MW, Call of duty, etc... I live in Gurgaon (Delhi NCR), India. AAll the above mentioned prices are in indian Rupees.

Last edited:

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
Why don't you get yourself a new GPU? Your current one isn't GOOD AT ALL. It'll lag mostly. You play CoD4? 1.6/1.7?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
None of the motherboards you ahev selected is good for 3570K, unless you are not into overclocking.

samk

Re: Confused!!! Need help on Mobo, Case & PSU for my new build? Need help and suggestions...

:lol:Hi!

I am planning a new build. I have worked out the following config, but confused on the Cabinet, Power supply and Mother board?

Casing : Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet / NZXT Gamma
SMPS (PSU) : Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series 450W / Antec VP Series 450W (VP450P) / Antec TP-550 Watt /
Seasonic S12II 430 Watts
Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K Processor
Mother Board : Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K / Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-55K / Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H /
ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)
HDD : 1 x 320 GB Seagate (SATA) + 1 x 1 TB WD (SATA) {Exsiting}
Graphics Card : XFX ATI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB {Existing}
Monitor : Panasonic 24 inches LED Full HD {Existing}
Sound Card : Creative Audigy {Existing}
Speaker : F & D F6000 5.1 Channel {Existing}

Although Antec and Intel are my personal favourites. If i stick to them Which one is better, especially in case of PSU and Cabinet? I am open to suggestions. Plan to upgrade the sound and graphics card later due to budget constraints.
PLZ help. Since budget is an issue, i am giving the approx prces below for the items in question:

POWER SUPPLY UNITS:
Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series 450W 5900.00
Antec VP Series 450W Power Supply (VP450P) 3000.00
Antec TP-550 Watt Continuous Power Supply 5000.00
Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU 3500.00

MOTHER BOARDS:
Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K 8500.00
Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-55K 12500.00
Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H 9900.00
ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard 10500.00

CABINETS:
Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet 3500.00
NZXT Gamma 2600.00

I have gone thru reviews and all of them seem good, for the price point. But still wanna go for the best VFM. I had almost decided on The Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K mobo, but some freinds suggested these other options. Same goes for Casing I was almost decided on Antec 300 Gaming Cabinet.
I wanna use the the PC for gaming and editing home made videos and photos shot using my DSLR and also for watching HD movies. Games like NFS-MW, Call of duty, etc... I live in Gurgaon (Delhi NCR), India. AAll the above mentioned prices are in indian Rupees.

Hi piyushanand,

All newly released Intel 7 series express chipsets, namely, B75, Q75, Q77, H77, Z75 and Z77 support PCIe 3.0. Also, newly released Gen3 motherboards for Z68 also support PCIe 3.0. But you will need an Ivy bridge CPU/GPU to take advantage of the potential increase of data throughput and performance speeds of PCIe 3.0. See the below links for comparisons of the various chipsets.

Intel_Launches_7-Series_Chipsets
Z77, Z75, H77, and more

Which to Choose
Prices for Z77 chipset motherboards will always be somewhat higher than Z75 and H77, but which one you choose depends more on how you plan on using your computer. If you don't need the additional PCIe lanes then the much cheaper B75 will do. SMEs and those not looking for high-performance can save with a B75 and even a H77 chipset motherboard. Since the price difference (over a H77) isn’t much, go for the Z77 chipset which has everything that the gamer, graphic designer, or photo editor could need. The Asrock z77 Extreme 4 with 8 + 4 Power Phase Design at only Rs.10700/- is the best VFM and the most popular. Check this link for the most popular Z77 motherboards.

Online reviews mentioned a couple of short-comings for the Asrock z77 Extreme 4. Firstly, it is almost 1” shorter in width than the std. ATX size and hence, the right side screws won’t fix. Secondly, the PCB is thinner than normal and hence, you’ll have to be careful while inserting the ATX 24 pin power supply connector which is on the right side of the board. Despite these ‘minor’ short-comings, the board is popular because its VFM and has a host of features that only much higher priced boards offer. You’ll need to connect the power supply only once.

The Antec 300 cabinet is okay, but take a look at Lancool PC-K57 for Rs.3400/- or Coolermaster Elite 311 plus for Rs.3000/-. Both have front USB 3.0 port.

The PSU is very important in the PC setup and even though the ivy cpus consume much less power, the total system/graphic card requirements will not be less than 400W. To this an additional leg-way of atleast 25% must be added for gaming/future upgradation and safety. Hence in a single graphic card setup, a PSU around 500W is the minimum and more than 600W the best. Also, always go for 80+ bronze or 80+ gold certified PSUs. Seasonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze for Rs.4200/- or Seasonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze for Rs.5100/- off. Worth mentioning here that Seasonic also supplies to a few well known brands, shown in the psu recommendations link.

Hope this helps. All the best in your system build.:thumbs:

Regards,

OP
P

piyushanand

Re: Confused!!! Need help on Mobo, Case & PSU for my new build? Need help and suggestions...

Hi piyushanand,

All newly released Intel 7 series express chipsets, namely, B75, Q75, Q77, H77, Z75 and Z77 support PCIe 3.0. Also, newly released Gen3 motherboards for Z68 also support PCIe 3.0. But you will need an Ivy bridge CPU/GPU to take advantage of the potential increase of data throughput and performance speeds of PCIe 3.0. See the below links for comparisons of the various chipsets.

Intel_Launches_7-Series_Chipsets
Z77, Z75, H77, and more

Which to Choose
Prices for Z77 chipset motherboards will always be somewhat higher than Z75 and H77, but which one you choose depends more on how you plan on using your computer. If you don't need the additional PCIe lanes then the much cheaper B75 will do. SMEs and those not looking for high-performance can save with a B75 and even a H77 chipset motherboard. Since the price difference (over a H77) isn’t much, go for the Z77 chipset which has everything that the gamer, graphic designer, or photo editor could need. The Asrock z77 Extreme 4 with 8 + 4 Power Phase Design at only Rs.10700/- is the best VFM and the most popular. Check this link for the most popular Z77 motherboards.

Online reviews mentioned a couple of short-comings for the Asrock z77 Extreme 4. Firstly, it is almost 1” shorter in width than the std. ATX size and hence, the right side screws won’t fix. Secondly, the PCB is thinner than normal and hence, you’ll have to be careful while inserting the ATX 24 pin power supply connector which is on the right side of the board. Despite these ‘minor’ short-comings, the board is popular because its VFM and has a host of features that only much higher priced boards offer. You’ll need to connect the power supply only once.

The Antec 300 cabinet is okay, but take a look at Lancool PC-K57 for Rs.3400/- or Coolermaster Elite 311 plus for Rs.3000/-. Both have front USB 3.0 port.

The PSU is very important in the PC setup and even though the ivy cpus consume much less power, the total system/graphic card requirements will not be less than 400W. To this an additional leg-way of atleast 25% must be added for gaming/future upgradation and safety. Hence in a single graphic card setup, a PSU around 500W is the minimum and more than 600W the best. Also, always go for 80+ bronze or 80+ gold certified PSUs. Seasonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze for Rs.4200/- or Seasonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze for Rs.5100/- off. Worth mentioning here that Seasonic also supplies to a few well known brands, shown in the psu recommendations link.

Hope this helps. All the best in your system build.:thumbs:

Regards,

Thanx Buddy for all your valuable inputs!

I have made certain changes to the configuration based on the recommendations of my local dealer and some more research on the net. they are:
Instead of g.Skill i m planning to use Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) and for cabinet i am planning NZXT Gamma.
For PSU I am still undecided whether to go for Antec TP-550 Watt Continuous Power Supply or Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU or may be any other, still nt decided.
How abt Intel® Desktop Board DZ77SL-50K motherboard, it has everything and costs just 8500. While my local dealer recommends ASUS, but a decent ASUS board is At least ard 15k or more.
Please advise!!!

Top Bottom