Confused between CMS'es

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Help me choose from the following list of cms'es.

>Joomla

I like it coz its light and easy to use

>Drupal
I like it for its power, but ist a bigger upload. I also like its interface

>e107

>wordpress+my custom/current css
i like it beacuse i can get my site to look different and unique while customising is a problem with the other two.

HELP!!
Which one should i choose?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Noway man , Drupal is much much lighter than Joomla and is miles ahead of it in terms of sheer performance .

I would suggest you use Drupal .

my personal site runs on drupal too , *www.zeeshanq.com

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
just got my css+wordpress running. Somehow its not the same as using a ful fedged cms.

I think i will try Dupral

the only complain i have with dupral/joomla is that its not simple to customise.
Any links/suggestions?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
nah , once you get the hand of how Drupal terminology works , you'll get your work done in no time .

but yes you do need a little time to get used to it(about a week at the most)

OP
shaunak

shaunak

Tux Fan
I have it installed on my comp with xampp. I will try theming it.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Pathik

Google Bot
i hav tried all 3.. Drupal, joomla and wordpress.. But wordpress isnt a full fledged cms .. U cant compare it with the other 2.. Drupal is more popular

Sourabh

Laptoping
It depends on the nature and navigation of the website. Wordpress can be decent CMS if it fits your model. Basically wordpress, just offers two types of content, static pages and individual posts in different categories. In short, this model limits the navigation on a wordpress site.

I found Joomla to be the most feature-rich and customizable CMS. It has a very good community and mods for everything under the sun. You can get paid help for the same too from some community members.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Drupal is best...small,easy to use, many modules available,gr8 community,good interface................
And drupal pages take very small time to open.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
ravi_9793 said:
Drupal is best...small,easy to use, many modules available,gr8 community,good interface................
And drupal pages take very small time to open.
Yups , drupal has the best performance of all the *popular* CMS'es

dabster

In the zone
one more vote for drupal, easily customizable once you get to know where and how to customize things... initially it may take 4-5 days to get on to it. But later you 'll find it really easy to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.