Computer Messed Up! How to go about fixing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman050

Journeyman
Hi

My dad has been affected heavily by a number of viruses and malware. Now he's given me the responsibility to fix his computer. Now, I would like to ask a few questions?

First of all his root drive is only 6GB. Whats the best tool I can use to increase the partition size without losing data?

Now, which is the best way to clean his computer? Completely install a new version of XP, or try to fix it using different anti-virus softwares? If so, which software should I use?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
1) To repartition, use Partition magic 8

2) To fix virus issues, use Kaspersky antivirus. Boot into winxp safe mode and do a full scan.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey best way is to install a fresh copy of windows xp by formatting whole of the hdd. As some areas are left by av's even cleaning. If you don't want to install a fresh copy us good av to clean. Use more than one.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
To fix antiviruses, use Kaspersky 7 Beta. That way you can remove all the viruses for free. The beta has a free trial period of 91 days, and it is very fast and lightweight.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
as abhijangda said , wen ur computer s totally infected wid viruses n stuffs its always better to format yo entire hd and install xp. also u can increase d size of ur root partition..

Dont use partition softwares..they are all messy..formatting is better option..
And as per antiviruses use AVG Free edition 7.5...Thats pretty good (also on system resources) ...plz dont mind but give a better thread title next time so that we can get better idea about ur problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom