Comp restarts on inserting CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have got a strange problem...........

When I insert any CD or DVD in my DVD ROM my comp gets restarted

I am having LG DVD ROM...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Check the cables and the connections.Clean them. Clean the lens too. Restart in safe mode and see if it happens again.

@Lucky_star
I did all that before posting it in forum but no effect it was the same. Even I have changed its Data Cable.:mad:

@kiran.rkk

Where I can get its update.......

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Checkout these links:

*us.lge.com/support/download/search.jhtml

*www.opendrivers.com/categorycompany/15/1288/cd-rom-lg-electronics-free-driver-download.html

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Wth ..?? There is no such thing as CD / DVD drive driver .. Drivers are needed only in Win98 or 95..

@Aakaash: Did you try disabling CD Autorun feature from the drive..?

it_waaznt_me said:
@Aakaash: Did you try disabling CD Autorun feature from the drive..?

Well I don't think disabling Autorun would do something........
As in inserting any type of CD or DVD my comp restarts
As far as your question is concerned I haven't tried that yet.....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@it_waazn't me..

No such thing like Drivers!!! What are you telling? All hardware devices require drivers for interacting with OS. There is no exception for CD/DVD writers. May it be Windows 98 or XP, device driver is a must. Check out the pic....

*img92.imageshack.us/img92/9810/driversmallgl0.jpg

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
What IT_WASNT_ME said is ri8 for WIN XP and do not remember for win98 ;)....one has never to install sperate drivers for CD/DVD roms.....atleast i never did that :D........It is automatically done by WINxp OS......

wizrulz said:
What IT_WASNT_ME said is ri8 for WIN XP and do not remember for win98 ;)....one has never to install sperate drivers for CD/DVD roms.....atleast i never did that :D........It is automatically done by WINxp OS......

Well I think we don't need to install any driver in 98 too....for CD/DVD roms

@it_waaznt_me

The prob is still persists

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
What I meant was you dont have to install seperate device drivers for CD Rom/ Dvd Rom / Floppy / Hard Disk . Try finding device driver for CD Roms / DVD Roms .. And tell me what you get ..

@ Aakash : You mean you've disable Autorun and the problem still persists .. Hmmm .. Could you post a HijackThis logfile of your system ...?

it_waaznt_me said:
@ Aakash : You mean you've disable Autorun and the problem still persists .. Hmmm .. Could you post a HijackThis logfile of your system ...?

Are you suspecting for virus or any other kind of trojen or other activity. I use AVG and that too is updated daily and I use Kerio Personal Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom