com ports not showing up... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajooba215

Journeyman
hey guys...i use hp dv6000 laptop and i has vista pre installed in it...but due to some reasons...i installed xp 3 in it and downloaded the lappy`s drivers from internet as i dint have the cd of it...but now the prob is...i am not able to see the com ports in device manager...as it normally shows under the heading "ports (con and lpt)"...what should i do to bring em back...i need em to successfully run one of my programs in my project.. help needed..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Try right clicking on the ports from device manager and roll back driver's. This may work. SP3 comes with this type of problems.

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
@krishandu.sarkar:-dude...ports are not showing up...as i open the device manager....there is nothing like ports or com ports there...i tried by clicking show hidden devices too...i want the name of the com ports in my device manager
@cooldudie:-yea...i downloaded them from hp's website but m not sure all of em...and can it be coz of diff model too? As i downloaded for dv6000 but in the bios...it shows model dv6500.., :-s ...
I just need the system to detect and show the com ports by their names as the ports are working fine. I am using my broadband internet successfully in it and it shows lan connections too...its just...the names of the ports are missing. And my c++ program requires the name of the port to check whether its open or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom