Chidambaram asks urban middle class

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
BANGALORE: Union home minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday chided the urban middle class for bemoaning soaring prices of fuel and essential commodities.

"There's steady rise in the minimum support price of paddy, wheat and sugarcane , reflected in the prices of commodities . When the urban middle class can buy a bottle of mineral water for Rs 15 and icecream for Rs 20, why do they make so much noise about price rise?" said Chidambaram .
When you can buy ice cream for Rs 20, why complain about price rise? Chidambaram asks urban middle class - Times Of India

Is he crazy?
Does anyone buy 2-3 bottles of water and icecream everyday cool.
Ill buy 1 bottle of water and 1 icecream done=35 bucks? what about my breakfast,dinner,snacks?
In india they had a defination that anyone who spends less than 32 is not poor

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
And the guys like him can scam for crores and still ask for pay hike and other luxuries?

samudragupta

Youngling
he is not chidambaran but ****ambaran... sorry my my language but he deserves it....

Last edited by a moderator:

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
true people
he's become a disgrace to the nation with that comment.
he of all people should know how the poor in india suffer.
did anyone see the video of how he threw the water bottle when the waiter handed it to him in a press conference?
Citizens pay Rs. 15 for water bottle, not pay Rs. 1 more on rice: Chidambaram - YouTube
this is't that . i could't find it.
but it was funny

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
********* chidambaram doesn't realise the plight of the poor people, he'll know when he is forced to beg on streets.

Last edited by a moderator:

krazylearner

poor little me
Is he crazy?

No he is one of the best economist in india He he Other one is manmohan singh . But somehow their economics has gone over their head . And best part is they don't know it .
so they are throwing their shitty statements all over media

One other joker named montek singh is also like them

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Reminds me of an infamous quote from a French queen -
"If the peasants can't have bread, let them eat cake."

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the cake is a lie

think his logic is right
instead of demanding the lowest common price, we should be demanding safe stuff, packaged neatly, of good quality, at a reasonable price
think about exactly what his intentions are, this is something we need instead of being happy when the price falls

all he is saying is we are willing/gullible enough to pay a premium for some goods, perhaps foolishly when they are not required, and fight only when the price rise comes to basic necessities

Hrishi

Wolves will always be wolves , one may eat less other might eat more , but they all will be biased towards blood.
Same is the case with Bureaucrats and Government Empl0y33s in power.

It is said that "Where there is Money,Fame & Power , there will always be Corruption."

Top Bottom