Check out my new software.... Wallpaper Changer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal_desai

In the zone
ya its a very simple software.. it will change the software at specified time intervals... but it took me much time to write the code for it and i m done with it now... releasing first version of Wallpaper Changer.... there are many such apps like this available but i m promoting this coz it has been made by me... and trust me guys, just changing the wall is not an easy task... 738 lines of code and finally its here... PLEASE PLEASE, if u have visited this thread then please dont hit tht BACK button without downloading it... U wont regret... thnks guys...

help me by finding bugs in it...

EDIT: : THE LINK TO THE SOFTWARE IS IN POST NO. 10

Last edited:
OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
here it is

i like wallpaper changers

does your proggy chage wallpapers every login?

BTW where is the link?

nice idea .. to change at every start up... give me a some time... i will surely make it buddy..

Requirements: .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 +
WIN XP

any takers????

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
EDIT
OK found it :)

anyway since u havent incorporated that feature i will try it out only once you do

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
bt does it show thumbnails of wallpapers ?

ya bro.. it will show u the preview... definitely...

CHANGES: Added "Load at Start-up" and "Change Wallpaper at Start Up" features...

Last edited:

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Just tried it , awesome tool, i just uninstalled my earlier powertoys for windows wallpaer changer :D

Only if u make a few changes
1. The program should start minimised.
2. Remove the close button, or change it to minimised.

Keep up the good work. :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Tried it now. Working nice and good interface too.
But dude, there is a problem. Memory is leaking. With every wallpaper change RAM usage is increasing by 1 MB. I don't know whether its the problem at my end, but in 10 minutes it was using 50 MB memory from the initial startup of 5 MB. And the XML file is not being created here.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
its quite simple, I dont know how he did it, but here is one way, probably the best I think:

*msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724947(VS.85).aspx

Check out SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER action.

EDIT:

Just took a look inside his proggie ;)
Thats what he is doing, the SystemParametersInfo. He sets the wallpaper styles via registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Last edited:
OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
its quite simple, I dont know how he did it, but here is one way, probably the best I think:

*msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724947(VS.85).aspx

Check out SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER action.

EDIT:

Just took a look inside his proggie ;)
Thats what he is doing, the SystemParametersInfo. He sets the wallpaper styles via registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

ya.. tht's the only way brother... SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER... but just by adding it wont change the wallpaper... i had to import DLLS (user32) for acquiring permissions...

but i made it easier for novices bro... also i included the preview and timer settings... anyways... thnks for trying my little software.. :)

Just tried it , awesome tool, i just uninstalled my earlier powertoys for windows wallpaer changer :D

Only if u make a few changes
1. The program should start minimised.
2. Remove the close button, or change it to minimised.

Keep up the good work. :)

YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND... just keep checking this thread and i will post the new version of it after including the feature u wanted..

FYI:: If you right-click the system tray icon, it will give u options..... If u double click it, the the wallpaper will be changed..

Last edited:
OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
Tried it now. Working nice and good interface too.
But dude, there is a problem. Memory is leaking. With every wallpaper change RAM usage is increasing by 1 MB. I don't know whether its the problem at my end, but in 10 minutes it was using 50 MB memory from the initial startup of 5 MB. And the XML file is not being created here.

no brother .. i have cross checked it,... i kept it running for almost 1-day... it never went beyond 10 MB
... i donno wats the prob in ur case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom